Front end development is an important part of the web development process world over. Almost all web applications and digital products require a finished visual front to attract users and bring their attention to the rest of the website.
When it comes to front end development, organizations require the right tools and specialists who are skilled at using them. One of the tools that can come in handy here is Angular. Angular is one of the most popular front end development tools in the market today and is second only to React in efficiency and popularity.
Read About features of latest Angular 11
If you plan to build an effective front for your website or digital product, you should invest in an Angular developer who can help your website stand out and get the best results possible.
This article looks at all you need to know when hiring Angular developers for your organization in 2021. The world of web and app development has come a long way of late and is now expanding towards new horizons. You can follow these tips to catch up and set your own pace.
Skills Required From Angular Developers
For your relationship with Angular developers to work, you require a certain skill set from them. As you may know about different software operations and the developers working on them, skill levels for Angular developers begin from junior developers and go all the way up to middle and senior developers.
When you are hiring, you should preferably know the skills you should expect from Angular developers at different levels of their journey.
Junior developers who are stepping into the development niche just now should preferably possess the following skills:
- Ability to build reusable, testable and self-contained components and modules
- Deep knowledge of all practices followed in Angular and the modules used within
- Ability to ensure clarity in the dependency chain. Clarity comes through app logic.
- Ability to work on solutions for SEO for single-page applications.
- Developers should thoroughly understand database, API, responsibilities of the platform, proxies, web services on the platform and caches.
The skills indicated above are perfect for Angular developers just starting their work but may not be good enough for others planning to create complex software operations. To make the arrangement work, you should ideally pay attention to the skill set of senior and middle developers in the manner below:
Middle and senior developers should have good knowledge of all JS and CSS methods. They should know the importance of these modules for providing high-performance visual effects and maintaining an effective frame rate.
- Developers should know how to write non-block code and resort to observables such as RxJS.
- Assisting in the development of general use modules along with core Angular modules.
- Senior developers should have experience dealing with all front-end operations, from using custom wrapping around HttpClient to creating XHRs in Vanilla JS. They should have a diversified experience.
- Senor developers should document code properly
- Write thorough tasks through TDD
- Creating and testing scripts for integration across environments
Read: Angular with C#
Interview Questions To Ask
The interview is an important part of the overall hiring process. Not only does it allow you to test the hard skills of the candidate, but it also gives you a chance to find out whether the individual has the personality you are looking for.
We recommend asking a few questions during the interview process to make sure you hire the right candidate. These questions include both hard skills questions and soft skills questions.
Hard Skills Questions
To test the knowledge and acumen of the candidates, you should ask the following questions:
- What exactly is Angular?
- What are the key components that come together to make Angular?
- Mention and briefly explain some of the modules used within Angular.
- Talk about the components used in Angular and explain them
- How are you supposed to handle errors within the Angular applications? Do you have any experience handling such errors?
- What are directives within Angular? Use examples from your experience.
- What are routing and CLI? How will you use them?
- What is the dependency injection and how does it work?
- Explain package.json file
- Explain app.module.ts file
- Explain tsconfig.json file
Answers to these questions will help you understand the basic acumen of the candidate in relation to Angular technology and how they will fit in within your organization.
Soft Skills Questions
Moving on, some questions you can ask in relation to the soft skills of the candidates include:
- How do you plan to respond to specific actions?
- Give examples of your adaptability during your experience
- How communicative are you, and do you consider communication as a plus point?
- Give examples of your creativity during your work life.
- How do you manage conflicts? Mention examples of conflicts you have managed during your work life.
- Are you a leader?
You should also look at their teamwork and decision-making skills here to determine whether they are the right fit for you. A good Angular developer can take your organization to new heights. Hence, you should make sure they are the right fit for your organization.