Seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual to help ensure the business needs for data/information are satisfied in a timely and effective manner. The successful candidate must rapidly develop a working understanding of our business processes and needs; have ability to translate business needs into detailed requirements that can be easily understood by development teams and demonstrate subject matter knowledge by validating requirements are correctly interpreted and implemented in the solutions delivered.
This position will work closely with the business to support mutual understanding of data needs and IT requirements and help ensure that solutions provide the business with efficient access to the data needed for analysis and reporting. Responsibilities include: gaining understanding of the data and reporting needs of the business by facilitating meetings and interviews; gathering requirements and compiling design documentation; and coordinating input from subject matter experts.
The ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical personnel is critical. Analytical and critical thinking skills and the ability to identify needs and take initiative are key requirements of the position.
Skills in devising efficient database queries in Structured Query Language (SQL) and firm understanding of relational databases is a definite plus.
Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work on cross-functional teams is essential.
Candidate must have a background that demonstrates flexibility and the ability to learn new business processes quickly.
• At least 5 recent years Baan V Experience (Functional / Technical)
• At least 2 years experience in Cognos (or equivalent reporting tool)
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with project and application development teams, management and clients
• Ability to present ideas, design concepts and issues in a concise and focused manner
• Proven analytical skills
• Good understanding of database concepts & design
• SQL query experience
• Experience with operational and reporting databases (Oracle, DB2, SQL Server)
• Analytical, teamwork, organizational and time management skills are critical.
• Must be focused, energetic, meet commitments, be willing to take ownership, have excellent judgment and integrity.
• Experience with MS Excel and VBA
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE DESIRED
• Experience with data warehouse concepts and Business Intelligence (reporting & analytical) tools such as Business Objects, Oracle BI or Crystal Reports