Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
35%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
42%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
19%
Total votes: 31

Baanboard at LinkedIn


Reference Content

 
Baan OLE Broker Server
By ckassab at 18 Apr 2008 - 15:56

If you want to connect your baan server to Internet or to develop mobile applications that access directly to baan without using a terminal server, baanOle Broker Server (BOBS) is the answer you are looking for.

So, the mision of BOBS is to help the companies to connect their external applications to Baan in a very easy way and from anywhere.

 

 

Also visit the BOBSFAQ and the forum topic BaaN Ole Broker Server (BOBS)

 

I will be posting articles on how to write apps using BOBS in a blog in the next address: Connecting Applications to Baan


5
Average: 5 (1 vote)
AttachmentSize
BaaN_Ole_Broker_Server.ppt134 KB

by patvdv on May 13, 2006 - 6:09am
patvdv's picture
I cannot comment on the intrinsic merits of BOBS but I am very happy to see a Baan add-on being released as Open Source Software! Well done Carlos!

by ckassab on May 14, 2006 - 7:00pm
ckassab's picture
Thank you Patrick.

I hope many people use BOBS to help their companies and they help to optimize BOBS too.


Carlos Kassab

by ckassab on June 14, 2006 - 6:48pm
ckassab's picture
I have updated BOBS due to minor bug fixes:

- The warning email was allways being sending when disconecting a session and it was being sending to the incorrect mailbox.

Note. If your have tested BOBS, i would like to hear from your experience, just drop me an email to carlos.kassab AT gmail dot com


Thank you

Carlos Kassab

by r_nagu on June 21, 2006 - 10:44pm
r_nagu's picture
Carlos,

First of all let me congratulate you for your efforts in writing a open source connectivity for BaaN.

I downloaded your zip files (both binaries and source) and extracted the binary files and followed your instructions in the BOBSFAQ.html file. Now, when I try to start the BOBS server (BaaNOleBrokerServer.exe) I get the following error.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Files\Baan\lib\user\baantwobsp.bwc Configuration file not found. Please verify the correct file name.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know that I have the baantwobsp.bwc file (which is the default) in the “c:\Program Files\Baan\lib\user” folder. I have double checked it. Not sure what the problem is.

Thanks,
NS

by ckassab on June 22, 2006 - 5:49am
ckassab's picture
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nagu
Carlos,

First of all let me congratulate you for your efforts in writing a open source connectivity for BaaN.

I downloaded your zip files (both binaries and source) and extracted the binary files and followed your instructions in the BOBSFAQ.html file. Now, when I try to start the BOBS server (BaaNOleBrokerServer.exe) I get the following error.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Files\Baan\lib\user\baantwobsp.bwc Configuration file not found. Please verify the correct file name.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know that I have the baantwobsp.bwc file (which is the default) in the “c:\Program Files\Baan\lib\user” folder. I have double checked it. Not sure what the problem is.

Thanks,
NS
r_nagu,

Thank you for your congratulations i hope more people use it and help BOBS to have more features.

I think the problem is that you installed the baan client in "Program Files", please install baan client in c:\baan or any other folder that does not have blank spaces. I have seen some different problems when you install baan client in a folder with blank spaces.

And please, let me know if it resolved your problem.

Carlos Kassab

by r_nagu on June 22, 2006 - 10:54pm
r_nagu's picture
Thanks for getting back.

I uninstalled BW client and installed it under C:\Baan. Now when I try to start the BOBS server, I get the following error message:

-------------------------------------------------------
Can not start BaaN Ole Broker Service:
The requested address is not valid in its context
-------------------------------------------------------

Thanks,
NS

by ckassab on June 23, 2006 - 5:43am
ckassab's picture
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nagu
Thanks for getting back.

I uninstalled BW client and installed it under C:\Baan. Now when I try to start the BOBS server, I get the following error message:

-------------------------------------------------------
Can not start BaaN Ole Broker Service:
The requested address is not valid in its context
-------------------------------------------------------

Thanks,
NS
r_nagu,

It seems baan was started succesfully, if you have a firewall active where BOBS is installed, please first check your firewall is not blocking the port where BOBS is listening.

AND if it does not work, in order i can help you, could you please post the next:
1.- What is the Operating system where you are installing BOBS? and do you have all patches? for windows,
2.- .NET 2.0 was succesfully installed?
3.- What is your BaaN version?
4.- Have you set correcly the default connection to baan?, rigth clicking with the mouse and setting the default?

5.- Please post too your BOBS config file "BaaNOleBrokerServer.config"



Carlos Kassab

by r_nagu on June 23, 2006 - 10:10pm
r_nagu's picture
Carlos,
I have no firewall and see below for the information you asked for.

1. Windows XP and patches are up-to-date.
2. .NET 2.0 framework is installed and working.
3. BaaN IVc (BW client version is B40c.75).
4. I have set the default connection to BaaN.
5. See the attached for the config file. (the serverIP address is been changed in the attached file but I have the real IP address in the config file that I am using).

Thanks,
NS

by ckassab on June 24, 2006 - 5:30am
ckassab's picture
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nagu
Carlos,
I have no firewall and see below for the information you asked for.

1. Windows XP and patches are up-to-date.
2. .NET 2.0 framework is installed and working.
3. BaaN IVc (BW client version is B40c.75).
4. I have set the default connection to BaaN.
5. See the attached for the config file. (the serverIP address is been changed in the attached file but I have the real IP address in the config file that I am using).

Thanks,
NS
Hi r_nagu,

I understand that Windows XP firewall is inactive?, it sounds strange to me but just confirm it.

I saw in your config file that you only changed the IP address on the server, it seems that the problem is with WinSocks; i found this in a forum with the same error "The requested address is not valid in its context" in a .NET app:
This is may be because the IP is not a valid IP on your computer, or maybe the port is binded to another application.

I suggest you use the ip address 127.0.0.1(just to confirm the ip is the problem, BOBS must work with any IP address) and try to start the server; if it does not work, change the port to 32002 and restart BOBS.

Please let me know what happened.

Carlos Kassab

by r_nagu on June 26, 2006 - 8:27pm
r_nagu's picture
Carlos,
That’s it. My IP address was the one creating problems. I should have checked it first. After I specified the correct IP address, it stated working. I was able to start the server and also write/query data using the sample client program.

Now I was just trying to see how this would behave in a read/write extensive situation. I opened up four instances of the client and started to write data from all four clients. It did perform very well during first round but during the second turn and subsequent turns, the client hangs and would take few seconds to unfreeze and perform the actions.

Other than that it works great and again congratulations on your effort.

Thanks,
NS


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:39.


©2001-2017 - Baanboard.com - Baanforums.com