Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > General Topics > About Baanboard.com

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
35%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
42%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
19%
Total votes: 31

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 1st March 2003, 21:27

arunkw is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan IV c4 Version: B40c.65 - DB: Bisam - OS: Sun Solaris 8
Lightbulb Localizations in BaanBoard !!!

Hi Moderators
I have one Suggestion can’t we have a Forum of “Baan Localization” Just like “Baan SIGs” at BaanBoard and “Baan Localization” will further have sub forum of say “India” and similarly various other country localization.
Which will have all the threads related to localization. As right now we don’t have any such facilities. Mind you there are definitely large numbers of users, which are more in touch with their respective localizations then the standard Baan. And there is no place to showcase their discussions, dialogs and grievances. I think BaanBoard would be the better place to provide these facilities for large number of Baan localization users.
I would suggest you to think over it and if feasible you can implement it as soon as possible.

Thanks
Arun Kumar
Old 3rd March 2003, 16:54
Board Master

patvdv is on a distinguished road
Baan: n/a - DB: n/a - OS: AIX, HP-UX, Linux
This topic has come up several times already, either on and off the board. The idea of having separate forums for each localization is in itself not a bad idea however we have to think of the practical side of it as well. First of all, it would make out current (long) list bigger again which doesn't do good for performace and secondly we would like to see forums busy enough. I am not sure if this would be the case for individual localizations. Nevertheless, your suggestions has been noted and we will come back to it if we feel the need for it is justified.

Patrick Van der Veken - Admin & Founder - (c) 2001-2017 baanboard.com/baanforums.com
Sponsored Links
Old 4th March 2003, 05:18

arunkw is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan IV c4 Version: B40c.65 - DB: Bisam - OS: Sun Solaris 8
Red face what is the course of action....

Hi Patrick,

Its good to hear that you have considered and given your thought on the idea of putting on the localization on baanboard.com Let me know what are the plans and difficulties in details that will be faced if will put the localizations on the BaanBoard.com so that every one can contribute and help.

Please let me know the confirmation of whether it is possible or not because if it is absolutely not possible to put localization on baanboad.com then we can create a whole new forum on some other site say ezboard which provides hosting of free communities

No hard feelings but I think that localization is must and if we don’t have forum for that then we are missing out some thing.

Thanks and Regards
Arun