Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Manufacturing & Supply Chain

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
35%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
42%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
19%
Total votes: 31

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 6th February 2003, 20:04

sant123 is on a distinguished road
Baan: B4C4 - DB: Oracle9i - OS: AIX 5.2
Item Type / Item Group change

When the Item Type and Item Group of an existing Item ( costed has all kinds of orders against it) is changed using Maintain Item Data session (I donot knwo the reason for change) It just lets you change the Item Type Item Group for an Item, just doesn't care.
We are having the problem with the Items going out of Sync with the Item Type and Item group change.

My question is, if we change Item Type and Item Group of an item what other fields in Item Master or any other table needs to be changed,

Appreciate any help.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 7th February 2003, 05:51

Scott2001 is on a distinguished road
Depends primarily on how Item Groups and Item Types are used in your environment. I think the main concerns will be in analyzing, reporting and planning.

For starters, do a search on the Baanboard for "change item type" and "change item group". There are several threads that will give valuable insights.

When changing Item Group, the biggest issue is whether the Item Group is used in mapping the integrations to finance. If it is, you must analyze and perhaps change the mappings. Otherwise, reconciling postings to ledger accounts and dimensions will be a nightmare at best.

Changing Item Type has implications for cost calculations and cost updates. Be sure that you an appropriate cost structure defined for each changed item and that you understand the cost impact of changes for any open orders (PUR, SFC, SLS, etc.).

My focus (and bias) is primarily finance so other members will be able to offer better advice outside of costing but I think you'll also want to review and change the planning types.

Scott
Old 13th February 2003, 13:56

Underham is on a distinguished road
Baan: IVa -
A fairly easy customisation we did was to check that the combination of Item Type, Item Group & Cost Price Component exists in Item Default Data.
If the combination does not exist, then the change to the Item Master cannot be saved.
You may have to restrict who has access to the Item Default Data if you choose to implement this though.