Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Development

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
37%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
39%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
21%
Total votes: 38

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 30th January 2003, 12:46

andyen is on a distinguished road
VB.Net and Baan Integration

We are preparing a migration to Baan 5.0c from an AS400 ERP based solution. A number of customisations / new systems (some quite large) will be required to cover missing functionality on Baan especially in the servicing and recording and validation of complex calibration measurements of sold equipment. I need to identify the best platform for this bespoke work. We could look at using Baan Tools and scripting or one of the many other development tools available. As we are currently starting to evaluate the .net environment for Web development I would like to explore the issues around using VB for the customisations.
I have read many of the threads already relating to VB on this site but most of them, written by experienced Baan guys, fly straight over my head. What I am after are simple guide lines or examples of how VB apps and Baan apps can co-exist. How each can call the others functions etc, how best to deploy and manage the new programs etc.
Any views help or advice on this topic would be most appreciated.

Regards

Andy
Sponsored Links
Old 7th February 2003, 04:53
Guru

avpatil is on a distinguished road
Baan: IVc3 - DB: SQL2000 - OS: Win 2003
Baan VB

HI,
I am using VB to Baan. We can call any Baan DLL and then pass the parameter to it. And to call VB I think best approach will be to write the information to a file and call VB EXE to read the file and then execute the whatever logic. This is waht can be done very easily. On Baan ERP you can use some XML tools also.

Arvind