Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Manufacturing & Supply Chain

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
35%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
42%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
19%
Total votes: 31

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 6th January 2003, 15:55

aldendata is on a distinguished road
Baan: IVc4 ; ERP Vc - DB: SQL 7.0 - OS: WIN 2000
Question Switch off using Enterprise Units

Hi, everybody.
I just passing from Baan IV c4 to Baan ERP. On the start I have problem with Enterprise Units. When I want to define new warehouse in session tcmcs0503m000 (tcmcs0103s000), have to define Enterprise unit, which warehouse belonging. I do not want to use enterprise unit, but I do not now how to switch off it. In the demo company they don’t use enterprise units. I tray to set parameters as in demo company 902 but I did not do it well. If anybody now how i can switch off using enterprise unit, please tell me.
Old 6th January 2003, 16:20

Kees de Jong is on a distinguished road
Baan: MK, BaanIV, B5.0b until LN - DB: - - OS: Unix; AS/400; Windows2000
Enterprise Units are mandatory in Baan 5. They are the link between the logistical company and the financial company (which can be the same company number).
Old 8th January 2003, 07:24

srikarthy is on a distinguished road
Baan: LN - DB: SQL server, Oracle - OS: Unix, Windows
You cannot add the enterprise unit and model in the DEM parameters - session, since it'll ask for password. Therefore, you can fill up the enterprise unit and other relevant details in the appropriate table using Gereral Table Maintenance.

I too had this problem and solved it as mentioned the above.
Old 8th January 2003, 16:41

aldendata is on a distinguished road
Baan: IVc4 ; ERP Vc - DB: SQL 7.0 - OS: WIN 2000
Password for EM

Than you for answer.
But because EM is obligatory I try to implement Enterprise Modeler by Baan module procedure UP121A US, but on the start I have to define EM parameters in session tgbrg0100s000. When I try to do it, get session tgbrg1165m000 where I have to write password. But I do not now password.. I spoke with my dealer and he told me that I had to define password when I installed Baan. But I do not remember that I had opportunity to do that in installation procedure.
Can you tell me the way, which I can get password.
Old 9th January 2003, 02:12
Guru

Paul P is on a distinguished road
Baan: BaanIV, BaanERP - DB: SQL Server, Informix, Oracle - OS: Windows, HP-UX
Smile The password is BAAN

Dear all,

The initial password is BAAN (yes, with all capitals). I saw it in one of the documentation but can't really recall which one

Rgds,
Paul
Old 10th January 2003, 05:39

msharma is on a distinguished road
Baan: Reger, E-Products - DB: SQL server - OS: Windows 2000
Hi all,

Its mandatory to use Enterprise Units in Baan V. Enterprise units act as a link to determine the company where the financial transaction for every logistical transaction has to be posted.

An Enterprise unit can be any of the following entities in Baan V - Warehouse, workcenter, Purchase Office, Sales Office, Service Office and Accounting Office. For example, in a multi-logistic and multi-finacial company setup, it is the enterprise unit which acts like a bridge to determine for every logistical transaction, in which financial company a corresponding financial transaction should take place. For example, a Purchase Office PO1 is linked to EU1. EU1 is the link between logistical company 501 and financial company 670. Therefore for a logistical transaction called ' Purchase Order created on Business Partner GE450001' in a logistical company 501 by Purchase Office PO1, a corresponding financial transaction takes place in company 670.

This way you can model multi-currency, multi-country organizations. Contact Baan for full details on how to make good use of enterprise units.

Regards,
Sharma
Old 1st February 2003, 02:27

Michael Phifer is on a distinguished road
If anyone would like a plain language definition of entities and enterprise units in Baan V and how they are used, please drop me an email and I will send you my own coursework and powerpoints used to teach these functions.
Sponsored Links
Old 29th May 2003, 13:03

k_p_sm is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan Vc/Baanerp - DB: Oracle - OS: Unix
Hi Michael Phifer

Can you pls send me the details to k_p_sm@yahoo.co.in

or give your mail ID

regards
kps