Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Manufacturing & Supply Chain

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
35%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
42%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
19%
Total votes: 31

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 5th December 2002, 22:31

hersly is on a distinguished road
Report quantity on operation

Hi All,

We are on 4C4 and testing a customize system that catch the time-sheet and quantity reported on Production Order and send the information to a function server. With that automatic system, we don't need to use the session 'tihra1101m000' (Enter hours Accounting) anymore and enter manually labors.

It is working fine if we entering only labors. But we have a problem when we enter quantity of an operation where the previous one don't have the same quantity reported.

The problem appear when we want to POST the transactions using the session TIHRA1210M000. A lot of transactions are rejected when quantities of the operation we want to post have a previous operation with quantity unreported. Actualy, to be able to POST it, someone fix the problem by entering quantity reported of those previous operation. At that time user go in the session TISFC0102M000 (Report operation completed).

There is any parameters we can set ?

To now, all my BaaN consultants or contacts told me that BaaN is working like this. I means, it is not possible to post hours (tihra1210m000) if quantity of previous operations are not declare.

Thanks for your help !

Sly

Sponsored Links
Old 5th December 2002, 23:12
Guru

Darren Phillips is on a distinguished road
Baan: IV4c4 SCH1 SP14 /AGS2 - DB: SQL7/sql2000/Oracle 9 - OS: NT4 Enterprise / win2000/3
the problem could be from count points in your routing. any operation with a count point has to be recorded before further operations can be booked.
Old 5th December 2002, 23:34
Guru

lbencic will become famous soon enough
Baan: 2.2d - LN - DB: most - OS: most
Yes, I have run into this as well - you are still subject to the same quantity rules as the Hours Accounting / Process Hours Accounting sessions. The standard session has this problem, so you will too.

The problem as you noted is that during Process Hours Accounting, basically, does not answer 'yes' to the question 'Automatically complete quantities on previous operations' (roughly) that you are given if you try and do the same thing in Report Operations Complete.

The only solution I have thought of, and I have not yet implemented this, is that when you have reported quantities complete, run that through to Report Operations Complete session instead of through the Hours Accounting. That one nicely allows you to enter 'yes' to that question. Down Side: You would not see the quantities in Hours Accounting, like they may be used to, but the labor would be reported properly and the quantities would be reported properly, so ... seems like it would work to me. It would most likely be a major coding change.

Edited: I just saw Darren's post. The count points will effect both Hours Accounting and Rpt. Op Complete quantity reporting rules, but the Process Hours Accounting problem goes even beyond that