Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Administration & Installation

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
35%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
42%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
19%
Total votes: 31

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 4th December 2002, 19:41

nick_rogers is on a distinguished road
Baan: BaanIVb2 - DB: Oracle 7.3 - OS: Unix 11
un-sharing text tables

on each server the decision was made to set up a group company and share different tables between the logistical companies. Some finance and static tables like the customer/items are shared. The text tables txt001/002/003/010 that actually hold the text are also shared.

Now that we are moving these companies on each server to ONE server with one Baan instance, I want to un-share the text. AS there is bound to be some duplicate text numbers with the merging of all the text from the logistical companies...

Now Baan support has told me that the text tables must be shared. I believe this is totaly untrue....

Can anyone share some light on this for me
Old 4th December 2002, 21:01
Guru

Darren Phillips is on a distinguished road
Baan: IV4c4 SCH1 SP14 /AGS2 - DB: SQL7/sql2000/Oracle 9 - OS: NT4 Enterprise / win2000/3
if you are sharing the item master but not the text tables if someone adds an item text in company 100 and the text number is 10000, then if someone from company 200 looks at the item text, then text number 10000 may not exist yet or has been used somewhere else like a PO header.

If you were trying to seperate the companies then it would be possible by exporting the shared text tables. Remove the logical links. Then import the text tables to each of the companies that were linked to them. and once each company has it's own copy of the text tables then run remove unused text session
Old 4th December 2002, 21:27

nick_rogers is on a distinguished road
Baan: BaanIVb2 - DB: Oracle 7.3 - OS: Unix 11
yes good point about the item master...I have to look at this again....

one more question that you maybe can answer...the text numbers in the txt010 table, some of the number are like 300000 and so on. There is no first free number for text. Do you know how the text number is created ?

I have the following text numbers:

25,26,26,28,29 then 300000001, 300000002 and then 1000000008, 1000000009.

now I do have the logistical comps 100 and 300 - so it looks like the company number was used to create the 3000 etc and 1000etc text numbers...
Old 5th December 2002, 00:54
Guru

Darren Phillips is on a distinguished road
Baan: IV4c4 SCH1 SP14 /AGS2 - DB: SQL7/sql2000/Oracle 9 - OS: NT4 Enterprise / win2000/3
from what you describe my guess is that you have two text groups one is the default used in 100 and the other in company 300. It is possible to set the start and end text numbers by group which is why you have two number series, look for a session called something like text groups number by range and you should be able to see the setup.

Yes there is no free number table for text it just looks up the last number and increments .

the problem of the Item master is just an example it is the same for any of the other shared tables if there is a text field in the table