Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > General Topics > About Baanboard.com

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
35%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
42%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
19%
Total votes: 31

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Closed Thread

Old 25th November 2002, 17:55
Board Master

patvdv is on a distinguished road
Baan: n/a - DB: n/a - OS: AIX, HP-UX, Linux
Welcome Nazdaq

Hi all,

I would like to welcome Nazdaq from Israel as our newest sponsor. They have chosen to support Baanboard for a full year. You will be able to see and click on their company logo in the 'General Dicussion' forum.

Patrick Van der Veken - Admin & Founder - (c) 2001-2017 baanboard.com/baanforums.com
Old 9th March 2003, 21:45

gardsted is on a distinguished road
Baan: B40b2 - DB: Informix - OS: Unix (Solaris)
nazdaq from israel, eh?

I see the nazdaq logo everytime I log in to baanboard.
As a consequence of this I also think of the ongoing war in israel and the occupied territories with their Israeli settlements.

In my country (Denmark) we have a rather strong campaign against buying israeli products.

This being done as a way to ultimately convince israel that exporting violence does not help other kinds of export.

Whether or not this kind of reasoning has any place in baanboard
is not for me to decide. I guess, however, that I am amongst others who are concerned with the world peace.

Whether or not politics should influence us in the way we behave professionally is a matter of taste. I guess however, that almost everybody has his or her limit of professionalism when evaluating vendors.

regards gardsted
Old 10th March 2003, 06:56

acapulco is on a distinguished road
I have no problem if you use the same standards for everyone in the world, but I think that you are bias....

Do you buy Iraki products? (they killed curds) Do you buy products from Ruwanda? (they had a masacre of over 1 million people)...Do you buy American Products? The list goes on and on...

Probably you should buy products only from Denmark...The Finnish kill the Whales, in Africa there is terror, the rest of the European countries killied millions during their conquers and wars...the south americans are currup as well as the asians...

So..

DO YOUR RESEACH...
Old 10th March 2003, 08:28

bamnsour is on a distinguished road
Baan: 4b, 4c, 5b, 5c - DB: all - OS: Unix, NT
Nazdaq...

We almost had to hire a spokesman to answer this posting, since people have such strong feelings about these issues.

As somebody who was born in this hectic part of the world, Politics play an important part of life, including the business world. Many people do or do not do business with you because of your ethnic or religious background.

An interesting and maybe surprising fact about us here in Nazdaq is that we are part of the Palestinian minority that lives in Israel (Not in the occupied territories). Nazareth is the biggest Arab town in Israel, and we are proud to be one of very few hi-tech companies within this city.

Many times I wondered if from a business point of view, we would have rather based our offices a place like Canada, so that our software will be evaluated based on ROI and not more...But, we believe that we can make a difference in standing for Peace and Justice in the location we are at, and maybe be a bridge between our country and our people.

- Bader Mansour
General Manager, NAZDAQ
Old 10th March 2003, 10:40
Board Master

I have refrained from replying to this post until Bader has made his say. I thought that was important. We second every word Bader has said in his post and we are still very proud to have Nazdaq sponsoring Baanboard.

Patrick Van der Veken - Admin & Founder - (c) 2001-2017 baanboard.com/baanforums.com
Old 10th March 2003, 19:46

gardsted is on a distinguished road
Baan: B40b2 - DB: Informix - OS: Unix (Solaris)
Hello acapulco.
I did not mean to offend you, nor do I claim to be morally superior in any way. I just laid out my thoughts.
And I feel, I have a right to do exactly that, without being an expert. After all that is what open-minded communication is all about, isn't it ?

Hello Bader.
Always happy to get my ignorance laid out for all to see. And even more so, if it can educate someone, let alone me. So consider me a little less ignorant now. I feel that a peace between Your two countries is essential for peace in the whole world alltogether, and no, I haven't done any research on that either, acapulco ;-)

And finally:
Rock'n roll. I never had so many replies on a post in Baanboard before !!!

kind regards
gardsted

And now for something completely different:
http://www.demente.dk
Old 13th March 2003, 15:01

sturla is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan IV -
Research

Acapulco,

Regarding research, I have to correct your claim about killing whales. The Finnish don't do it, and they have never done it either.
The Norwegians kill whales.

regards
Sturla
Sponsored Links
Old 4th September 2003, 13:00

Baanana is on a distinguished road
Baan: IV, Vb, Vc -
Banning danish products?

How about banning danish products on the grounds of national stupidity?

Blowing up people in cities is not realy my idea of peace-loving people. There is one way only to deal with terror, and slowly and slowly countries are learning that fact. Perhaps Denmark will learn in one day also.
Old 4th September 2003, 13:34

rotems is on a distinguished road
Dear gartsted
Laying out your thoughts when they are not based on Knowledge would be not be considered a wise decision, IMHO.

The conflict in the Middle east has been going on for over a 100 years now. Even those of us who live here have trouble understanding what is going on, because it is so complicated and has sooo many angles.
I'll be happy to discuss with you the 5-10 points of view that I switch between(based on the current situation :->), using email or any other means, in a deeper and more informational way. It really is important to me to help you know more about what is happenning.

Regarding the question of whether or not to buy Israeli/other products based on their origin:
If you knew I was an Israeli jew who believes Israel shold stop the occupation immediately and is participating in demonstrations to that effect while voting for it in the elections, would you still not buy a product I'm making?

What about the Gasoline you buy? Where does that money go to? Does some of it support world wide terrorism? Would you stop using your car if it was?

The hypocrisy of nations is evident throughout the centuries, but is most strongly shown in the last one.
I beg you to consider the Real interests of those running the campaigns in your country. Is really everything so one sided?

You can reach me at rotem.sapir@lycos.co.uk
Old 4th September 2003, 13:36
Board Master

Done

With the wise(r) words of the last post I am closing this thread. Please take this discussion offline.

Closed Thread