purchase invoice matching with stores receipts
in case of purchase receipts follwoing defalt steps are performed by system as defined in the " maintain inventory and WIP transactions" :-
1. when goods received in stores: DR. stock
CR. invoice to be received
2. when invoice received in finance: DR. invoice received
3. Automatic matching with stores receipt: DR invoice to be recd.
CR. invoice recd.
But in certain cases, system has performed follwoing steps the reason of which may please be explained:-
1. when goods received in stores: No entry in Finance inspite of inventory quantity and value going up with the receipt amount in Distribution Module.
2. when invoice received in Finance and matched with Stores
receipt: : DR. Stock
Although the net effect of the entries is same, it causes the differance in distribution and Finance inventory valuation against the entries for which the invoices have not been received till the date of valuation.
Please expain the reason of the same.
Thanks and regards