Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > DEM & Workflow

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
35%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
42%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
19%
Total votes: 31

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 8th October 2002, 05:47

h3nry_99 is on a distinguished road
How to copy Business Process to other company

Dear All,

I used 3 company with 3 version of Business Process ( 810 with Grafitec version; 820 with Printec version ; and 830 with Sansico version). Then I update several Business Process in 810. Because the Business Process is same for others company, I want to copy those Business Process instead of modify in each version/company.

I try to use Export Version Dump to copy Business Process (ex:F21) from Grafitec to d:\baan\tmp/bp.org ; change to company 820 and Import Version Dump from d:\baan\tmp/bp.org. In the end of action Baan ask if I want to change to Imported Grafitec Version, and I choose no (I want to use Printec version in 820). And when I go to Printec version (Maintain Business Process Repository), there is no change.

Please advice,
Old 8th October 2002, 13:45

lroeleveld is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan IV, iBaan ERP 5 -
Lightbulb

Dear H3nry,

From the problem text, I derive that you're working with version Baan IV. In that version, DEM always import into the same version as the export came from. So I'm pretty sure that in (target) company 820 a version "Grafitec" exist, containing your exported process.

Simplest way to resolve is to copy the process in company 820 with session "Copy Version Data to Other Version" (tgbrg1200m000) to version Printec.
Note that components such as new created utilities are to be checked separately. They're not copied automatically with the process.

For company 830 you'll need to do the same trick.

I hope this answers your question.

Kind regards,
Leen Roeleveld
www.ProFlow.nl
dem@proflow.nl
Old 8th October 2002, 14:36

DReichel is on a distinguished road
Baan: BaanIV and BaanERP - DB: Oracle - OS: Unix
Alternative

Dear H3nry,

the way Leen discribed is the right way.

If you have to change the processes more times in future, I recommend you to make one company to your main company (for example 810) and link the DEM-tables (brg) from the other companies (820, 830) to this company (810), so you can have one repository with all processes and three project-models with the different contents.

In this way you have to change the processes only once.
It isn´t very easy to set up the first time, but in future it will simplify the expense.

Best regards.
Old 9th October 2002, 08:10

h3nry_99 is on a distinguished road
Where can I get the instruction..

Dear Leen & Reichel,

So what I must to do, can I get some step of instruction from somewhere ? I allready ask to Baan Support, but no respon so far. If you can explain to me more detail, I will thankfull.

Regards,
Old 9th October 2002, 09:15

lroeleveld is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan IV, iBaan ERP 5 -
Baan IV DEM Data sharing

Dear Henry,

You need to be careful with sharing tables in Baan IV. All texts (except the helptexts) are stored in the current company, and with session 'Convert Text to Help Text' converted to company 000. Sharing texttables can cause problems.
I've a document describing Baan IV DEM data sharing in more detail. If you send an email to the mailbox below, I can reply with the description attached.

Note: iBaan ERP does have a better solution (the Central Modeling Company) for the multi-company issues. Therefore, the document doesn't apply for iBaan ERP 5.

Kind regards,
Leen Roeleveld
www.ProFlow.nl
dem@proflow.nl