Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Development

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
35%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
42%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
19%
Total votes: 31

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 2nd May 2017, 06:06

bloomer822 is on a distinguished road
Baan: LN 6.1 - DB: Birt - OS: Windows 10
New LN User Question - Please be patient :)
Baan: ERP LN 6.1 FP6
C/S: Both

I was recently hired by a company which uses Infor LN ERP (v6, I believe). At my previous employer, I self taught myself and became the "local" expert in developing queries / data extracts from our ERP system (JDE) using Microsoft Access and an ODBC driver. I was disappointed to learn that I'm unable (to my limited knowledge) to apply this same approach (Access and ODBC). I was provided this program called "Eclipse" which does offer query writing but not the ability to link local tables/data and incorporate into queries.

To get to the point, I'm asking the experts here if it's possible to use Microsoft Access to connect to Infor LN and create queries / extract data? What information about my company's setup do I need to provide in order for someone to help? I have the support of our IT group, if needed, to help implement changes.

For example, I frequently analyze finalized GL transactions (tfgld106) and would like to create queries linking fields to other LN tables like sales orders (tdsls401, etc).

Can anyone help?
Thanks everyone!
Old 2nd May 2017, 13:29
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
What is the database on the system? I know we have one tool that uses access and I believe ODBC to hook into our Oracle database with read-only type capabilities from what I understand. But wait for someone with LN knowledge they might offer up better suggestions.

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Shared Solutions for Baan systems provided free by Baan Board.
Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.
Sponsored Links
Old 2nd May 2017, 14:32
Guru

Ajesh is on a distinguished road
Baan: LN 10.4 - DB: Oracle - OS: HP-Unix
Well, LN does offers Queries and Reporting in itself, any specific reason you are not using that?
Old 7th May 2017, 17:35
Guru

Ajesh is on a distinguished road
Baan: LN 10.4 - DB: Oracle - OS: HP-Unix
I just checked in LN and Microsoft Access is not the recommended DB lists. If you really want it,create a Slave DB and synchronize between the Master DB and the Slave DB and the SLave DB will be the Microsoft Access DB on which you want to execute your queries.

This would be an interesting experiment.