Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Miscellaneous

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
35%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
42%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
19%
Total votes: 31

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 7th May 2017, 18:50
Guru

Ajesh is on a distinguished road
Baan: LN 10.4 - DB: Oracle - OS: HP-Unix
Future of Infor LN with respect to Partners
Baan: Other/Unknown
C/S: None/Unknown

Now i know the parent company Infor is going great guns. Its revenues are 2.8 Bill USD Plus and its all good for them. And they have quite a big list of customers..

what i am interested in is the future of the Infor Partners, as the product is quite exclusive to Infor and the partners get only a part of the training,and all the features are becoming difficult to be gained by everybody else. In view of all the above factors.. How bright is the future of the Infor Partners?

Lets have an open discussion guys..It doesnt make much sense to act all smart and smug and just avoid this discussion altogether and thinking this really would not affect me at all because it clearly either today or tomorrow it will.
Old 8th May 2017, 07:25

erplncons is on a distinguished road
Baan: All - DB: All - OS: All
Hi all:
I think Ajesh has opened a very good topic. As per my understanding, Infor changed it's strategy in 2008 / 09 to focus on generating more revenue and more profit by augmenting its own resources and getting all the lucrative deals. I suppose it is still continuing.
In this framework, the partners get very small pie of support contracts (and no big implementation projects for partners), which Infor does not want to execute for variety of reasons. So in tern the expert resources in partner community are getting reduced because either they join Infor or move on to other technology as they do not get sufficient opportunities at partners.
May be time would tell us if this was a good strategy for partners.
Sponsored Links