Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Development

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
37%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
39%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
21%
Total votes: 38

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 21st February 2017, 22:29

lotius81 is on a distinguished road
Baan: Infor LN 10.4 - DB: SQL Server - OS: Windows Server 2008
Planned Inventory Transactions by Item
Baan: ERP LN 6.1 FP10 (Infor ERP 10.4)
C/S: Both

Got a request today to modify or create a variation of Planned Inventory Transactions by Item and am looking for some input on a proper way to implement this.

Our company has 3 warehouse clusters. A primary Wisconsin cluster, and 2 other clusters in Arkansas and California. When the user looks at Planned Inventory Transactions by Item in the Expected Inventory column he's seeing an expected inventory for the entire company. What he wants to see is the expected inventory for the warehouse cluster of the current line's warehouse. The Expected Inventory column is already a calculated field within the report so I can't use that. I obviously need to capture all planned inventory movements for the item up to the current line regardless of whether or not they print on the report. Not sure how to go about doing that. What would be a good approach to use to print expected inventory for a given warehouse cluster only on each line?
Old 21st February 2017, 23:58
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
Just had a thought - in LN is there a way to set a filter so they only see the warehouse cluster they are interested in? Not sure what would happen with that calculated value across the company. Then maybe you could add a warehouse cluster calculated inventory?

Needless to say I am not an LN user and this was just a wild thought. Our users see all the inventory across sites here using 4c4 - then they can determine if they want to ship inventory from one site to another. Not really sure how much that occurs anymore.

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Shared Solutions for Baan systems provided free by Baan Board.
Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.
Old 22nd February 2017, 00:20

lotius81 is on a distinguished road
Baan: Infor LN 10.4 - DB: SQL Server - OS: Windows Server 2008
Unfortunately, no.

There's a cluster option if you're just simply printing current on hand quantities, but not for planned transactions. You can do it by item, item/warehouse, or order. Item/Warehouse would be nice, and shows the correct expected inventory for a given warehouse, but splits the transactions into their own subsections based on warehouse. The user prefers to see the nice full timeline of issues/receipts provided by the "by item" version of the report, but that version shows expected inventory for the entire company.

I guess what I need is to get the on hand amounts for each cluster, which I can do easily enough. I also know how to grab all of the planned transactions for a given item by warehouse cluster. Also relatively easy.

What I don't know how to do efficiently is grab all of the planned transactions UP TO the current planned transaction for a given item in order to calculate the cluster expected inventory. Or, better yet.. is there a good way in report script to store all of those planned transactions by item and warehouse cluster and reference them as I'm printing the report lines out? I'm trying to avoid having to repeatedly query against planned transactions by item table.
Sponsored Links
Old 22nd February 2017, 14:44
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotius81 View Post
Or, better yet.. is there a good way in report script to store all of those planned transactions by item and warehouse cluster and reference them as I'm printing the report lines out? I'm trying to avoid having to repeatedly query against planned transactions by item table.
Not that I am aware of - but wait for someone that knows LN better, they might have some ideas.

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Shared Solutions for Baan systems provided free by Baan Board.
Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.