Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Development

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
37%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
39%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
21%
Total votes: 38

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 15th February 2017, 13:48
Guru

VishalMistry has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Baan: Baan IV, ERPLn - DB: SQL Server 2000 / 2008 - OS: Windows Server 2003 / 2008
PO session not starting with specific purchase order
Baan: Baan IVc4
C/S: Server

In Baan IV C4. I have created a 3gl session as given in attachment.

What i want is when the user clicks on a command button (DsCpushButton) then the purchase order session tdpur4110m000 should start with the selected PO. But, PO session is starting with different order. The code is given below:

if evt.button.return(event) = COMMAND.ORNO then
id = evt.button.id(event)
get.object(id,DsNstring,filter.orno)
hold.orno = val(filter.orno)
tdpur040.orno = hold.orno
zoom.to$("tdpur4110m000", Z.SESSION, "", "", 0)
endif

Can anybody find what could be the problem ?

Also, If I want to do the same thing using stpapi.put.field and stpapi.find, then the session tdpur4110m000 starts in background. how can I bring it in foreground. So that when I call the session using zoom.to$, it does not start a separate session.

Thanks,
Vishal
Old 15th February 2017, 14:21
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
The stpapi commands are meant to run the sessions in the background without user interaction. In the zoom case you need to debug the code for tdpur4110m000 - it might using something other than tdpur040 for the zoom. We do not own source so I can't look at it.

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Shared Solutions for Baan systems provided free by Baan Board.
Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.
Sponsored Links
Old 15th February 2017, 16:40
Guru

VishalMistry has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Baan: Baan IV, ERPLn - DB: SQL Server 2000 / 2008 - OS: Windows Server 2003 / 2008
Hello Mark,

I came across an executable file in /bin folder of Baan application. It does the same thing.

bic_info "otiitm001" -s (-s for printing symbol table)

Above is an example where it prints the symbol table of object otiitm001. Using this, anyone can guess the variable name that he needs to declare in his/her script for starting any session with predefined record.

Vishal
Old 15th February 2017, 22:31
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
I can you that on 4c4 that will not work with every session. Some of the session start with different modes - refresh, get defaults, etc. Some of those will not automatically zoom to the record you are looking for. I ran into this with several sessions that have this issue. SInce this is a maintain session my suspicion is that it will not execute any find. On my system tdpur4110m000 actually runs tdpur4101m000.

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Shared Solutions for Baan systems provided free by Baan Board.
Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.