Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Operating Systems & Databases

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
35%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
42%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
19%
Total votes: 31

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 25th January 2017, 10:25

gruvi_navy is on a distinguished road
Baan: 10.4 - DB: SQL - OS: Windows Server 2012
restore database
Baan: ERP LN 6.1 FP7 (Infor ERP 10.1)
DB: SQL Server 2008 R2
C/S: Server

Hi All,

i have customer the server infect virus stopper@india.com all file in server. But the database was not infect by the virus. In here, i have question How to restore database while we only have database. Maybe anyone have tutorial for restore database?

thank you for your attention and your kind.

thanks,
Fandhi
Old 25th January 2017, 18:37

DEVINDER ARORA is on a distinguished road
Baan: c4,5c, ERP LN - DB: SQL SERVER 2000 - OS: WIN2K3 SERVER
Restore Database

I believe you are in position to take backup of current database.
This can be restored on same server or different server as required.

Steps to restore on different server -
Connect to the appropriate instance of the SQL Server Database Engine, and then in Object Explorer, click the server name to expand the server tree.

Right-click Databases, and then click Restore Database. The Restore Database dialog box opens.

On the General page, use the Source section to specify the source and location of the backup sets to restore. Select one of the following options:

Database

Select the database to restore from the drop-down list. The list contains only databases that have been backed up according to the msdb backup history.

NOTE: If the backup is taken from a different server, the destination server will not have the backup history information for the specified database. In this case, select Device to manually specify the file or device to restore.

Device

Click the browse (...) button to open the Select backup devices dialog box. In the Backup media type box, select one of the listed device types. To select one or more devices for the Backup media box, click Add.

After you add the devices you want to the Backup media list box, click OK to return to the General page.

In the Source: Device: Database list box, select the name of the database which should be restored.

Note This list is only available when Device is selected. Only databases that have backups on the selected device will be available.

In the Destination section, the Database box is automatically populated with the name of the database to be restored. To change the name of the database, enter the new name in the Database box.

In the Restore to box, leave the default as To the last backup taken or click on Timeline to access the Backup Timeline dialog box to manually select a point in time to stop the recovery action. See Backup Timeline for more information on designating a specific point in time.

In the Backup sets to restore grid, select the backups to restore. This grid displays the backups available for the specified location. By default, a recovery plan is suggested. To override the suggested recovery plan, you can change the selections in the grid. Backups that depend on the restoration of an earlier backup are automatically deselected when the earlier backup is deselected.

To specify the new location of the database files, select the Files page, and then click Relocate all files to folder. Provide a new location for the Data file folder and Log file folder.

I hope this helps.
Old 26th January 2017, 03:18

Hi Devinder,

thanks for response my problem. by the way i must reinstall windows and then reinstall application infor, right? and then i will restore the database previous? right?

thanks
Fandhi
Sponsored Links
Old 26th January 2017, 09:45
Guru

jclju1 is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan IV, Baan 5.0c, SSA ERP LN 6.1 - DB: bisam, Oracle, Informix, Sql Server - OS: Unix (all), Windows
It could be a problem, if table definition will be not the same as they were before.

You have to have the same Infor installation as it was before (same solutions and customizations).
Old 3rd February 2017, 05:57

Hi Devinder,

i tried to way your direction and then succeed. But while im login to infor found error. Maybe you know the error? the error is bdb_errno 510 on ttadv999.

thank you
Fandhi
Old 3rd February 2017, 08:09
Guru

bdittmar will become famous soon enough
Baan: 2.2/3.1/4c4/LN6.1 FP6/FP9/HiDox - DB: tbase, ms-sql7, oracle10gV1, 11g - OS: HP-UX, W2K3, SLES
Error 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruvi_navy View Post
Hi Devinder,

i tried to way your direction and then succeed. But while im login to infor found error. Maybe you know the error? the error is bdb_errno 510 on ttadv999.

thank you
Fandhi
Hello,
Code:
510 EDBNOTON - XXXXXXXX
Description: 
This error indicates that the database is not on. 
Solution: 
If this error occurs during the installation, you must check the log files for the error causing error 510. For example, error 28 ENOSPC - No space left on device can cause error 510. In that case, solve error 28 before you solve error 510.
Regards
Old 8th February 2017, 12:19
Guru

Han Brinkman has a spectacular aura aboutHan Brinkman has a spectacular aura about
Baan: All - DB: Oracle/ms-sql/db2 - OS: *nix/windows
So the connection in tabledef6.x must be wrong.
Old 9th February 2017, 03:20

Hi Han,

Thanks for respon my problem, i cant access file it. because the file is corrupt. Now i want reinstall application infor LN FP 7.

thanks,
Fandhi