Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > CMS - Forum Integration > Blogs and Web links

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
37%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
39%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
21%
Total votes: 38

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 8th February 2017, 03:58

balayaswanth is on a distinguished road
Baan: baan 4 - DB: sql - OS: linux
Afs

A new blog entry has been added:

AFS

Quote:
Hi, I need to create a AFS using  a session which will read data from file on the client system.It should pass values and execute  the session in the background. error(log)  file should created once session is completed.I have created a new session.My challanges are to validate the file path ,read the data from flat file "|" seperated and acheive the functionality of running the called session on background by supressing the pop ups(print device) and pass the data.I am new to this.Can any one help me in this.  Thanks,Balayaswanth 
Sponsored Links
Old 8th February 2017, 15:38
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
Search the afs form for things like spool.device, etc. You can run a report to like ASCIF and not ask the user to pick a report or device.

All I do to validate for the file is open.local(I think that is it) - if it works the file is present. Then I typically use client2server to move the file to our unix server and process it.

Lots of options to validate data in the file - process the correct records, give errors for those that do not work, etc. Or you can write the errors to a table - then give them the option to fix them in the table with a maintain session and reprocess them. Just a lot of different things you can do.

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Shared Solutions for Baan systems provided free by Baan Board.
Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.