Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Development

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
35%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
42%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
19%
Total votes: 31

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 24th October 2016, 07:50

BaBernd is on a distinguished road
Baan: Infor 10.2.1 - DB: SQL-Server 2012 - OS: Windows Server 2008
DFE: formating fields behavior for print session
Baan: ERP LN 6.1 FP6
C/S: Both

Hello to All,

I'd like to program special field behaviors for two fields in a print session:
1. field: I'd like to select two values for one or two display fields in one step. From the employee session I'd like to select the "initials" and additional the "full name" of an employee. How can I select the second value "full name" parallel to the first value?

2. field: I'd like to integrate a Drop-down Combo Box where I can select more nonconsecutive record sets in one step. If I run the session I'll got the message: x record sets are marked, command not allowed.

I've added a PDF for more clarification.

Best Regards
Bernd
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Dynamic Form Editor Print Mask Selection.pdf (661.6 KB, 22 views)
Old 24th October 2016, 10:29
Guru

bhushanchanda has a spectacular aura aboutbhushanchanda has a spectacular aura aboutbhushanchanda has a spectacular aura about
Baan: LN FP 1-9, 10.4, a little bit of Baan IV - DB: SQL Server 2008, Oracle - OS: Windows Server 2008 R2, Unix
Hi,

You can do the following things - >

1. Add a zoom session to initials as standard zoom session
2. in when.field.changes section of initials field or before.field section of full name field, you can write a selection in the program to pick the full name from the table

e.g.

Code:
before.full_name.f:
before.field:
     select table_name.full_name:full_name.f
     from table_name
     where table_name._index1 = {:initials}
     selectdo
     endselect

Also, similarly, once the field initials changes, you need to set your enum values for the category field using set.enum.values.for.field() in when.field.changes:

Code:
field.initials:
when.field.changes:
      i=0
      select table_name.categories
      from table_name
      where table_name._index1 = {:ref_table_name.field_name}
      selectdo
               catg(1,i) = table_name.catg
               i = i+1
      endselect

set.enum.values.for.field("field_name",catg(1,1),catg(1,2)...catg(1,n))

Bhushan

Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow!
Old 24th October 2016, 17:54

Hello Bhushan,

I've tested your solution for both cases. For the first case I was successful. But for the second case, the drop-down combo box list, I don't exactly understand.

Is the set.enum.values.for.field() function not only for enumerate values (domains)? Cause the table "categories" (tccom901) which I will use is a new table with two columns tccom901.idno as Multibytestring mbs(40) and the associated Description tccom901.desc as Multibytestring mbs(400).

For selecting the different values I make a zoom_to("tccom0901m000") in the Zoom-Register with return value for tccom901.idno. When I select more than one value I got the mentioned message like "x values selected. Only one is allowed".

Best Regards
Bernd

Last edited by BaBernd : 24th October 2016 at 17:55. Reason: Correcting text
Sponsored Links
Old 25th October 2016, 10:28
Guru

bhushanchanda has a spectacular aura aboutbhushanchanda has a spectacular aura aboutbhushanchanda has a spectacular aura about
Baan: LN FP 1-9, 10.4, a little bit of Baan IV - DB: SQL Server 2008, Oracle - OS: Windows Server 2008 R2, Unix
Hi,

If those are multibyte strings and you still have to build the session with those selections as enum's you should go ahead with the dialog.* commands.

In that case, you will be able to build the list box using dialog.add.listbox() dynamically. AFAIK, DFE might not work in that case also set.enum.values.for.field() will only work with domains. Won't be a straightforward approach but seems doable with workarounds.

Bhushan

Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow!
Old 25th October 2016, 10:51

Hi Bhushan,

Thanks for that hint. But I have to beg your pardon! I mixed some facts.
What I need is the possibility to select non consecutive values from a zoom to session into the print session. It has nothing to do with a drop down combo box. Sorry for that.
Maybe I should delete this thread not to puzzle other people, and open a new one?

Meanwhile I found an example in session sales order (tdsls4100m000). Here is a reports "print sales order Acknowledgements/RMAs" (tdsls4401m000) with a button "Specific Orders" (tdsls4820s000) which I can adopt to my problem. It is only a workaround, cause the selection is limited to 10 selections but that will be enough also for my problem.

Thanks a lot for help. Your hint with using dialog.add.listbox() dynamically would be the correct or elegant way but that's to big for me ;-)

Best Regards
Bernd

Last edited by BaBernd : 25th October 2016 at 11:39. Reason: Additional information
Old 25th October 2016, 11:50
Guru

Correct. You can also take a look at Select Invoices for Payments(tfcmg1220m000) and many others where they are using a temporary table to do the job. No need to delete the thread, probably someone might come up with a requirement like this one.

Bhushan