Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Manufacturing & Supply Chain

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
35%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
42%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
19%
Total votes: 31

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 11th September 2002, 19:10

naabi0 is on a distinguished road
Question Logical EDM Tables

Has anyone ever tried to use logical tables with EDM? We want to be able to copy e-items and e-boms to two different logistic companies so both item masters have the same revision level for an item. It seams that there will be a problem with the finalization process, any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any input.
Old 11th September 2002, 21:22

Baanana is on a distinguished road
Baan: IV, Vb, Vc -
some ideas

Hi,

I have no specific experience in sharing EDM tables but sharing in general. Sharing EDM tables seems like a possible thing to do but you'll have to analyze other reference tables which will have to be shared as well, for example: Item Groups, Engineering Item Groups,Units, Projects (PCS) - if used.

Good lucK!
Old 12th September 2002, 11:52

baaner is on a distinguished road
Baan: 3.1, IV, ERP - DB: Oracle, SQLServer - OS: UNIX, NT
We implemented an external EDM software developed by a customer that did update the tables in a multisite enviroment. We didn´t share the EDM tables though... I think it´s feasible to do, but having in mind some possible problems, like consistency of data from the EDM to the ITM tables (do the 2 companies have the same codes, both in ITM and EDM?) Also, you would have to develop something not to update tables like tiedm101 when you make the copy, or not share that table, in which case you would have to develop something to work with that table...
Old 13th September 2002, 05:29

Scott2001 is on a distinguished road
No experience with sharing EDM. However, my Baan IV Multisite documentation (very old), lists EDM tables that can be shared so I assume there are no insurmountable obstacles. It does not, however, indicate which other tables (e.g., ITM) must also be shared so I would use caution and look for other tables that would be logical to share.

Scott
Sponsored Links