Approaches to do the ERP (BaaN/LN) integration with SharePoint 2010
1) We can use SharePoint 2010 BCS feature to get the data from any ERP (BaaN/LN/Microsoft AX, SAP) system database into SharePoint List. There (SharePoint) we can write our own DAL to send the modified data back to BaaN/LN. On Addition/updating/Deletion we can write event receiver to do the same functionality like in BaaN/LN we do (before.write,After.write,before.rewrite…..). Advantage here is if business users modified any data directly into the SharePoint List that will update in BaaN database.
2) We can use MSBI (SSIS) component to retrieve the data from ERP system to SharePoint 2010. There we can write business logic (conditional logic, it may include your C#.Net coding) to retrieve the Data.
Example: Business wants to give the SharePoint users the facility to check the titim001 table data in different views in Web (Cloud). There we will have the permission who will view the records.
Example: specific country (Business Unit/Department) we see their own records in Web (cloud).
Sometimes business like to share/publish information to subcontractor/customer without providing them the Baan/LN server access.
3) SharePoint have component which called Performance Point, using that you can display different CUBS using SSAS. It have the BI feature of SharePoint.
4) We can write C#.Net coding and used the BOBS server component (pls search in Baanboard.com with BOBS) to insert/update/delete data from Baan/LN. We can also call the BaaN DLL there we can write AFS code to update the Baan tables (tdsls040, tdpur040).
5) Form SharePoint we can also write/post data into SAP/ Microsoft AX using Web Services (.wsdl). But In Baan I didn’t found any Web Services to do the same.
Please let me know if any one required any information, happy to help.