Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan SIGs > Code & Utilities

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
35%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
42%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
19%
Total votes: 31

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 12th February 2002, 20:17
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
Code: Sample Qkey Script

Q-key has been mentioned multiple times on this site. I thought I would post a sample of one Qkey session that I just recently did. Hopefully this will help people understand the product.

I modified the tppss9161m00b session to include text for the MDD, plus allow the user to assign a number code to the MDD. This is an extension of the Baan standard program or better yet - added functionality. With Qkey you do not have to modify the Baan source script. When Baan releases a new version of this script - all I need to do is recompile my version. Unlike some of our changes I will not have to move Baans changes to our script or make new changes to the Baan source script.

You can not do everything with Qkey that you do with a source script, but you can come close. Remember this is just a sample and you must OWN or have a demo copy to run the script. Plus you also have to have the new table that it uses.

The attached file contains the script as I developed it (pre-compile tppss91610.cln) and a copy of the file after it has been compiled(qkey compiled tppss91610.cln). Also a word document is include that contains a screen print showing the two new fields.

Once again this is just a sample and you must own qkey to compile or run it. This is not an advertisement for the product, but I do find it very useful. Without Qkey I could not make the changes that I did, since we do not have the source for this session.

Mark

Code:
|* Session	:tppss9161  0  VRC B40C a1 dev1
|* Author	: Mark Holland
|* Date	: February 12, 2002
|* Script Type	: Main Session
|* Description	: Example of extending Baan functionality with out source code.
|* Category		: Sample Code
|* License		:
|* Platform     	: UNIX
|* Requirements	: Purchasing QKEY software from Redklay.
|* All Rights Reserved 
|* Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its
|* documentation for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted,
|* provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that
|* both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in
|* supporting documentation. 
[y|* WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, 
|* WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER 
|* TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE
|* OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
|***************************** declaration section ***************************
|* Maintain Manufacturing Dependent Demand
|* Mark Holland
|* 01-18-2002
|* Main table tppss961 Manufacturing Dependent Demand, Form Type 1
|***************************** declaration section ***************************
declaration:
	table	ttppss990	| Text for MDD.
	table	ttppss961	| MDD

extern	domain	tcyesno	txta.yn		| Text present for MDD
	extern	domain	tcorno	key.code	| New numeric key for MDD
	extern	domain	tctxtn	hold.textn	| Hold Text number

#include	<bic_text>
Attached Files
File Type: zip sampleqkey.zip (18.9 KB, 696 views)

Last edited by mark_h : 22nd August 2006 at 15:47.
Old 4th March 2002, 20:44

toolswizard is on a distinguished road
Baan: 4c4, 50b, 50c, ERP ln - DB: Informix, Oracle, Sql - OS: Unix, NT, AIX
I wanted to say thank you for supplying this example. It has given me more ideas than I can think about at one time. It was greatly appreciated.
Old 12th July 2002, 17:30

BaanTech is on a distinguished road
Baan: c3 -> c4 - DB: Oracle - OS: Unix
Qkey related scenarios

Although I've never used Qkey, I would like to point out a few things we discovered when testing an internal Bolt-On concept that attempted to utilize the standard 4-GL events.

The limitations we encountered were plentiful and mainly based on the restrictions that the code could only be modified either before or after the calls to the standard (4GL) events. Originally the plan was to utilize the standard 4-GL events that were available as external functions. This was supposed to take us a little closer to an "Object Oriented" like programming approach using object inheritance. The major problem that was discovered was that there was no way to work within the standard code, which at times would involve a significant amount of standard processing such as on cont.process:, before.rewrite, etc... (eg. add additional conditions to standard selects - add a field value in a select prior to a table commit) without actually modifying the standard code, or else commenting out the standard code and recreating it, in which case we had to first recreate multiple lines of code that normally could have been done by modifying only one line. In addition, when the time came, we would need to patch both the standard code (could be plug and play) as well as the new code (would require manual cut and paste) which kind of defeated the purpose of a tool that was supposed to allow for simplified patching in
customized environments.
Old 12th July 2002, 17:36
Guru

~Vamsi will become famous soon enough
Baan: ~*~ - DB: ~*~ - OS: ~*~
BaanTech,

Using this approach is good for a few situations. In cases where one is adding a few fields or additional constraints, it is an easy way out.

And here is the most important use for a tool like this. Not everyone owns source code. For those folks this is one of the more viable solutions.
This one just happens to be free :)

Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.
Sponsored Links
Old 25th December 2006, 13:49
Guru

mr_suleyman is an unknown quantity at this point
Baan: Baan IV - DB: Oracle - OS: HP UX, IBM AIX
Today , I have ever tried it firsttime. It really perfect solution. Congratulations
who did it.

PERFECT !!!
Old 9th January 2007, 15:45

sbakshi is on a distinguished road
Baan: BaaN 4c4 - DB: ORACLE - OS: UNIX, WINDOWS
Thumbs up Baan 4c4 SP 16, Oracle, Windows

It's a perfect, robust script tool and v r using it for past 7 years. Works great on BaaN 4c4.

Cheers!
Old 9th December 2013, 12:26

baanhp is on a distinguished road
Baan: Ln - DB: sql2000 - OS: windows server 2003
How to generate customized script using QKEY

Hi Mark

I have gone through your attachment, first of all thanks a lot for sharing this great knowledge base .It helps to extend standard baan script which does not have source code . But I request you please let me know the steps I have to follow to generate this qkey version of program script . I found the DLL tccomqcidll1 , but I have no idea how I can use this , as I and my team has no details document for this .We are searching whole baanboard but could not able to succeed in knowing how this DLL can be used to create the QKEY version of standard source. We need to add some modification in ITEM master session ,but as we dnt have source code just waiting for some help from BAANBOARD .

Kindly help us in moving forward .

Thanks and Regards
baanhp
Old 9th December 2013, 14:33
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
Do you all own the Q-key product? I do not think fullscope supports it any longer - see this http://www.baanboard.com/baanboard/showthread.php?t=686. If you do not own the tool you might what to check Crossroads RMC they have a tool like it. Plus ~vamsi posted a shareware tool like it in this forum.

If qkey is installed properly then when you put in |#parent in the object and compile it, then qkey includes that library into the script. So basically if you have an empty script for a standard baan session, underdeclaration put |#parent. Then just compile it - the qkey tool adds all the needed stuff to the script and then compiles it.

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Shared Solutions for Baan systems provided free by Baan Board.
Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.