Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan SIGs > AFS/DDC/OLE: Function servers

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
37%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
39%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
21%
Total votes: 38

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 3rd July 2013, 15:40

sgoupil is on a distinguished road
Baan: BaanIV, BaanV - DB: Oracle, DB2 - OS: Unix
Please help! Using AFS from Web application

Hi All,

We just developped a new web application that will run from a web server. Programming language is ASP.net and C# on IIS7 web server. Our Baan version is Baan IVc4.

This application will create new Purchase Requisitions, therefore, at the end of the process, the buyer will click a button to create new PO/PO lines in Baan automatically.

We've tested this application, running from the developer's PC (localhost) and this works just fine.

Now, to push further our tests, we moved the whole thing on our web server. We've installed Baan client on the the web server as well. The issue is, when running the application from the web server, the creation of the Baan instance seems to work (communication) but it opens the configuration screen. Once we entered the configuration connection parameters and click on the Run button, it hangs there and nothing is processed. Even, after creating the configuration parameters, every time we run the application, we always get the configuration screen instead of the login screen.

Any ideas?

Here is the regular C# code we use to connect to Baan. Again, works from localhost, but not from web server.

Type t;
t = Type.GetTypeFromProgID("Baan4.Application");
Baan = Activator.CreateInstance(t);
object[] Parameters = new Object[1];
Parameters[0] = 3600;

Baan.GetType().InvokeMember("Timeout", BindingFlags.SetProperty, null, Baan, Parameters);
Old 3rd July 2013, 20:36
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
My first thought was - is the default bwc file the same between the client and web server the same? It almost sounds like the install on the web server does not have a default bwc file. I can't speak about the c# or asp.net coding.

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Shared Solutions for Baan systems provided free by Baan Board.
Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.
Old 3rd July 2013, 20:44

sgoupil is on a distinguished road
Baan: BaanIV, BaanV - DB: Oracle, DB2 - OS: Unix
Thanks mark

Yes, we have a default, but it keeps asking for us to enter the configs, like it would be a fresh install with no default or even no config at all. It looks like it can't find the default config.
Sponsored Links
Old 5th July 2013, 18:01
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
I don't know if this is possible, but can you compare registry entries between the web server and one that works? Sorry not much help, but all I can think of. To me it seems like the client install, but I could be wrong.

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Shared Solutions for Baan systems provided free by Baan Board.
Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.