Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Administration & Installation

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
37%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
39%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
21%
Total votes: 38

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 24th June 2011, 09:01
Guru

learner is on a distinguished road
Baan: BaaN Vc with sp 28 - DB: Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.4.0 - 64bit - OS: HP-UX B.11.31
Red face component change history !!
Baan: iBaanERP 5.0c
DB: Oracle 10.2.0.x
C/S: None/Unknown

Hi,

Although this post is not directly related with installation, but it's sort of indirectly related.

So on older website of infor, we were able to see the change history against baan components. Like if if i am interested to know how many times / under which solutions tdsls4101 script has been modified, i was able to ... but on infor365.com, i am unable to find such a provision. Am i missing something , how can i see change history on new website ?

Also when i look at a particular solution on infor365 site, how can i get info as to which service pack does this solution belong to ? Example look for solution 209239.

Learner
Old 24th June 2011, 13:35
Guru

ulrich.fuchs is on a distinguished road
Baan: IV, LN6.1 - DB: --- - OS: ---
Please file an incident

The internal IT of Infor messed that up. They did not design the new search for such a use case. Well, probably they should have checked what users are doing on infor365 beforehand.

But, as far as I was told, they are working on it. Anyway, please, do file an incident. The more customers file incidents on that subject, the more pressure we can put on Infors internal IT to bring that essential functionality back as soon as possible. The current full text search is much better then the old one, but it's no replacement for the search on the structured PMC information, which is completely gone by now. I would assume filing incidents is also helping the Infor supporters in terms of their internal standing, as far as I know, they are also all but happy with what their IT did here and could do with some backup from the customer side.

Dipl. Ing. Ulrich Fuchs
- ERP consulting and software development -
Widumestraße 18 - 44787 Bochum - Germany
mail@ulrich-fuchs.de - www.ulrich-fuchs.de
http://all-in-for-erp.com (Blog zu Infor LN))
Sponsored Links
Old 12th July 2011, 07:51
Guru

learner is on a distinguished road
Baan: BaaN Vc with sp 28 - DB: Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.4.0 - 64bit - OS: HP-UX B.11.31
Thumbs down

Hi,

I logged a case, and they told me the way to find component change history or for that matter how to find which solution belong to which sp... honestly speaking current method is painful. They expect you to fetch the release date of solution, and then go back to sp freeze date and based on that u can determine if solution 'x' belongs to sp 20 or 21 etc.

Already passed on the feedback to them. Hopefully we might see the improvement soon.

Learner
Old 3rd August 2011, 17:02

nmolinaa is on a distinguished road
Baan: ERP LN - DB: SQL2005 and Oracle - OS: HPUX, IBM AIX, Windows 2003 server
Soon (two months about) Infor365 will forever change again. Hopefully, for the better and yes, it is because customers have given feedback on site usability and ability to find what you are looking for.

We shall see.