Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Manufacturing & Supply Chain

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
35%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
42%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
19%
Total votes: 31

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 6th August 2002, 20:41
Guru

benito is on a distinguished road
Baan: ERPLn 10.2.1 / BaanIVc4 - DB: Oracle11/Informix - OS: Unix/Linux
work center and prod planning

BaanIVc2,NT,SQL7

Our Work Center is setup so that it has several machines, 6 units. In Maintain WC, we have Critical Cap Type = Machine and number of resource unit is 6. Hours/day = 8. The number of hours available then is 8X6= 48 hours for the whole work center.

I can setup my calendar to adjust Working time per day from 0 to 100 depending on percentage of availability/capacity of the work center. So, along with the Production Rate in Maintain Routing, my production orders are planned accordingly. ROU parameters: Production Rate=Yes, company calendar type= by Work Center.

The machines are Cam press with dies. Actually these machines are fabricating different products depending on the die you fit on them. I am interested in hearing your opinion on how I would setup my work center since although they are the same machines, the product they do depends on the die you fit, hence these machines should have different production rates. So the above logic is not true anymore.

One suggestion I heared is to treat each machine as different and create a work center for each. I will avoid this as much as I can since we have way too many dies. I dont think that the field Machine in maintain Routing affects my production planning too.
Old 8th August 2002, 10:40

arora.dheeraj is on a distinguished road
Baan: BaaN C IV - DB: SQL 7 - OS: WIN NT
Hi there,

You have not mentioned at what BOM level , the item that comes out of the die comes in your manufacturing process.If you do the same it'll be more easy to find a suitable solution.

Still........

If say your finished item has to go through all the machines, then
in the routing of the finished item you can define diffrent tasks for the relevant machines and maintain data as per actual measured. There will be no need to define seperate work centers for the diffrent machines.

Similarly if the finished item comes out of the first machine or any machine, then you need to define only 1 task for it and maintain the specific data.

Good Luck
Dheeraj
Sponsored Links