Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Distribution, Transportation & Warehousing

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
37%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
39%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
21%
Total votes: 38

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 13th June 2011, 17:17

newconsultant is on a distinguished road
Baan: ERP LN FP2,3,5,6 - DB: Oracle - OS: Windows 7
Sales Quotation for a generic business partner & With Text
Baan: ERP LN 6.1 FP6

Hi,

I want to use a common business partner for creation of my sales quotations like "UNKNOWN". B'coz, i can't create BP code every time i get an enquiry from different clients (We are creating 100 quotations/day). If the quotation is accepted by the client, then i'll create new business partner & i would like to convert the respective quotation to the new BP code.

Is there any standard solution / Workaround for this ??

Another query is...I want to create quotation with plain text. Of course we can create quotation with text but when i enter result of quotation, system should give a message that "Quotation cannot be confirmed. Reason:Item not defined as sales Item". But i am not getting this message.

If i manually insert the item code, i am loosing all master data like order quantity, price, discounts etc..

Please help...Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 14th June 2011, 15:02

mmurphy2650 is on a distinguished road
Baan: LN6.1 FP6 - DB: MS SQL Server - OS: MS Windows Server
Quote:
Originally Posted by newconsultant View Post
Hi,

I want to use a common business partner for creation of my sales quotations like "UNKNOWN". B'coz, i can't create BP code every time i get an enquiry from different clients (We are creating 100 quotations/day). If the quotation is accepted by the client, then i'll create new business partner & i would like to convert the respective quotation to the new BP code.

Is there any standard solution / Workaround for this ??
I know it's a pain not to be able to change the Sold-to BP on a Sales Quotation or Sales Order.

One workaround for this is to:

- Duplicate the original Sales Quotation
- Assign the correct Sold-to BP to the new Sales Quotation
- Delete or cancel the original Sales Quotation

This would work as long as your customer does not care about the different Quotation number.