Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Development

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
35%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
42%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
19%
Total votes: 31

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 27th January 2011, 12:05

som.papai is on a distinguished road
Baan: BaaN C IV, LN - DB: Sql Server - OS: Windows
Create a Logical temporary table in Baan
Baan: Baan IVc4
C/S: Client

Hi All,

I want to create a Logical temporary table in Baan. The table should not exist in database. Is it possible?

Basically the requirements need a temporary table to store data for printing.

I don’t want to create the table in database. If multiple users run the report same time then it will create issue like (dirty read, Phantom read, repeatable read).

Please advice.

Thanks,
Sudipta
Sponsored Links
Old 28th January 2011, 07:10

sameer.don is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan IV, Baan ERP, BaaN ERP (B50C) - DB: MS SQL 2000, Oracle, Informix - OS: Windows 2003, Unix
Sudipta,
I don't think there is such functionality provided in baan. If you are using any table, it must exist in the database.

In such situation, where you need to store data temporarily, you can define and create one table. And include user (same as logname$) in the 1st Index of table.
Also, if required, you can have execution date and execution time fields as a part of 1st Index

This will allow your program to be executed by multiple users at the same time, without jumbling of data.
Old 28th January 2011, 07:38

v_kewl is on a distinguished road
Baan: LN 6.1 - DB: MS SQL - OS: Windows 2003
Hi,
You can use dynamic array (by using alloc.mem) to store the record in a buffer then print the stored record. Or you can use temporary table and use the functionality of UUID("uuid.generate$()"). Put this "uuid" in index1 of the table.

Regards,
Gaurav B
Old 28th January 2011, 09:55
Guru

Kozure Ohashi is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan IV c4 SP 19, ERP LN 6.1 FP3 - DB: 10g R2 - OS: Linux SLES 10 64 Bit
Text file

You could use an text file as a temporary data container.
Old 28th January 2011, 14:46
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by som.papai View Post
Hi All,
I don’t want to create the table in database. If multiple users run the report same time then it will create issue like (dirty read, Phantom read, repeatable read).
What I did was use user id added to the temp table, and if I wanted to allow them more than one session I could have added process ID so the records were always unique.

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Shared Solutions for Baan systems provided free by Baan Board.
Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.
Old 31st January 2011, 16:43
Guru

Hitesh Shah is on a distinguished road
Baan: triton,Baan IVc4 , ERP Ln - DB: Oracle/Bisam/SQL 2000/SQL 2005 - OS: Sun Solaris/Windows 2003
While file / actual baan table may serve purpose in some situations , in some situations dyanmic arrays provides fastest way to create , manipulate , retrieve and destroy tables in program . U may refer in-memory performance dll for reference which hides complexities of qss functions by creating a simpler functional layer around those functions through dll .
Old 21st September 2016, 09:45
Guru

Ajesh is on a distinguished road
Baan: LN 10.4 - DB: Oracle - OS: HP-Unix
I was just thinking on these lines. Can we create a Temporary Table which has all the facilities of retrieving,searching etc but not updating so that when the session ends there is no need to store the records.

I know people have mentioned Dynamic Arrays etc but this temporary table should reflect everything about a real table but only thing is it should not be stored in Dbase,

PS: This has come up because the customer wants a functionality of drill down which has a lot of data from lot of table so everytime we cannot create a table to store the data and display it.
Old 21st September 2016, 11:50
Guru

bhushanchanda has a spectacular aura aboutbhushanchanda has a spectacular aura aboutbhushanchanda has a spectacular aura about
Baan: LN FP 1-9, 10.4, a little bit of Baan IV - DB: SQL Server 2008, Oracle - OS: Windows Server 2008 R2, Unix
Hi,

If you have access to source code, you can explore how idb.* functions work. Its mentioned over here

Bhushan

Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow!
Old 26th September 2016, 09:39

Baan: Baan IV, Baan ERP, BaaN ERP (B50C) - DB: MS SQL 2000, Oracle, Informix - OS: Windows 2003, Unix
Ajesh,

You basically are looking for a functionality of a View.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajesh View Post
I was just thinking on these lines. Can we create a Temporary Table which has all the facilities of retrieving,searching etc but not updating so that when the session ends there is no need to store the records.

I know people have mentioned Dynamic Arrays etc but this temporary table should reflect everything about a real table but only thing is it should not be stored in Dbase,

PS: This has come up because the customer wants a functionality of drill down which has a lot of data from lot of table so everytime we cannot create a table to store the data and display it.
Old 26th September 2016, 11:04
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer.don View Post
Ajesh,

You basically are looking for a functionality of a View.

Yes, exactly that....I know it is not but still, is the functionality implemented on Baan??
Old 26th September 2016, 11:36

Here is something you can give a try. I don’t know if this will work.

1. Create a normal table with all the fields you want.
Lets consider this example: you need 10 fields from 2 different tables, i.e., 5 fields from TDPUR401 and 5 from TDPUR405.
Hence create a table, say tdxxx001, with all the 10 fields, which should use the same domain as in the parent tables.

2. Once you do CRDD, table will get created in Database with name ttdxxx001400 (last three digits indicate company. 400 is a company code in this case)

3. Now, note down the exact table structure of ttdxxx001400 present in database.

4. Then drop the table ttdxxx001400 using DELETE..TABLE/DROP...TABLE sql query (suitable to your database) from database. This should be done at database. Do not delete anything from Baan

5. Create a view with name ttdxxx001400 by using CREATE VIEW query, which should refer to same fields from parent table, i.e. 5 fields from tdpur401 (name in database = ttdpur401400) and 5 fields from tdpur405 (name in database = ttdpur405400).
Since you have created a view, you will not need to update, insert anything to tdxxx001. The view ttdxxx001400 (tdxxx001) will always have relevant data from tdpur401 and tdpur405

As I said in very beginning, I am not sure if this will work. There is a certain way that Baan environment handles its communications with back-end database, which may cause this trick to fail.

Please let me know the result if you really implement this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajesh View Post
Yes, exactly that....I know it is not but still, is the functionality implemented on Baan??
Old 27th September 2016, 09:19
Guru

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer.don View Post
Here is something you can give a try. I don’t know if this will work.

1. Create a normal table with all the fields you want.
Lets consider this example: you need 10 fields from 2 different tables, i.e., 5 fields from TDPUR401 and 5 from TDPUR405.
Hence create a table, say tdxxx001, with all the 10 fields, which should use the same domain as in the parent tables.

2. Once you do CRDD, table will get created in Database with name ttdxxx001400 (last three digits indicate company. 400 is a company code in this case)

3. Now, note down the exact table structure of ttdxxx001400 present in database.

4. Then drop the table ttdxxx001400 using DELETE..TABLE/DROP...TABLE sql query (suitable to your database) from database. This should be done at database. Do not delete anything from Baan

5. Create a view with name ttdxxx001400 by using CREATE VIEW query, which should refer to same fields from parent table, i.e. 5 fields from tdpur401 (name in database = ttdpur401400) and 5 fields from tdpur405 (name in database = ttdpur405400).
Since you have created a view, you will not need to update, insert anything to tdxxx001. The view ttdxxx001400 (tdxxx001) will always have relevant data from tdpur401 and tdpur405

As I said in very beginning, I am not sure if this will work. There is a certain way that Baan environment handles its communications with back-end database, which may cause this trick to fail.

Please let me know the result if you really implement this one.

Dont think it will work. The STP would surely look into the Dbases before picking up the value and its not there in DB, error would surely come. Thanks for the effort though..