Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Development

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
35%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
42%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
19%
Total votes: 31

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 17th August 2010, 12:54
Guru

VishalMistry has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Baan: Baan IV, ERPLn - DB: SQL Server 2000 / 2008 - OS: Windows Server 2003 / 2008
Red face Date format in all standard reports
Baan: ERP LN 6.1 FP5
C/S: Both

Hi all,

In all standard reports of ERPLn, the date is being printed as YYYY-MM-YY. How can we change the date format as DD-MM-YYYY in all reports. I hope it must be picking from some tools date format setting.

Awaiting help.

Vishal
Old 19th August 2010, 18:02
Guru

Hitesh Shah is on a distinguished road
Baan: triton,Baan IVc4 , ERP Ln - DB: Oracle/Bisam/SQL 2000/SQL 2005 - OS: Sun Solaris/Windows 2003
date format

In B4 , ttadv4180m000 has the date format and $BSE/lib/datecurr has date formats . Similar stuff must exist in Ln.
Old 20th August 2010, 06:35

baanhp is on a distinguished road
Baan: Ln - DB: sql2000 - OS: windows server 2003
Red face date format change

Hi

Please go through it

Dates

| Suppose date format 002 is: "year/month/day in month"
string result(80)
result = sprintf$("%D002", 727168)

| result contains "1991/12/2"

| Example of substitution symbol %D(format)
string result(80)
result = sprintf$("%D(Date: %02d/%02m/%04Y)", date.num())
| result contains "Date: 12/07/1993"
result = sprintf$("Date: %D(%02d %-20H %04Y)", date.num())

| result contains "Date: 12 June 1993"
UTC dates and times

| Date format 002 is "year/month/day in month"
| Time format 001 is "12 hour format:minutes:seconds AM/PM symbol"
string result(80)
result = springf$("%u002 %001", utc.num(), utc.num())

| Result contains "1997/01/01 10:02:53 pm"

string result(80)
result = sprintf$("UTC: %u(%02d/%02m/%04Y) %U(%02h%x%02m%x%025 %a)", utc.num(), utc.num())
| result contains "UTC: 22/07/1997 06:24:53 am"
| provided that for the user's language the time

| separator is ":" and the AM symbol is "am"

© 1998 Baan Development B.V. All rights reserved
Sponsored Links
Old 20th August 2010, 08:18
Guru

VishalMistry has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Baan: Baan IV, ERPLn - DB: SQL Server 2000 / 2008 - OS: Windows Server 2003 / 2008
Red face Issue resolved

Hi all,

I logged incident with Infor and Infor technical consultant guided to use session ttaad1510m000 (Software Languages). In this session we have to specify the sequence of each date part and do CRDD from specific menu, so that these settings are saved in datecurr file.

Further to give effect for all users, it is required to do CRDD for all user profiles. This brings desired date format in all reports without any modification.

Hope this helps.

Vishal
Old 11th September 2011, 16:06

laughing is on a distinguished road
Baan: ERP LN - DB: Oracle - OS: Unix
Hi all,

May I ask what is CRDD? We also need to set the desired date format for each client pc.

THanks in advance
Old 11th September 2011, 19:46
Guru

bdittmar will become famous soon enough
Baan: 2.2/3.1/4c4/LN6.1 FP6/FP9/HiDox - DB: tbase, ms-sql7, oracle10gV1, 11g - OS: HP-UX, W2K3, SLES
Crdd

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing View Post
Hi all,

May I ask what is CRDD? We also need to set the desired date format for each client pc.

THanks in advance
Hello,

CRDD stands for CreateRuntimeDataDictionary !

Regards
Old 12th September 2011, 05:43

brad997 is on a distinguished road
Baan: LN6 - DB: Informix - OS: IBM AIX5.2
LN6 with Unix OS, any need to configure all client pc?

Dear all gurus

Our company is using LN6 with UNIX, and need your help.
After setting using session ttaad1510m000 (Software Languages). In this session we specified the sequence of each date part and done Convert Run Data Dictionary (ttams2200m000) from specific menu at Maintain User.
But the display for date format still fail to follow the date format Software Languages and also done setup the UNIX date format.

Are there anyone successfully using LN6 with UNIX OS for the mentioned steps above (i.e without setting all pc clients' date format)?

Please advise and thanks.

rgds
Brad
Old 12th September 2011, 13:38
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
From reading this there are two crdd's that need to be done. First the one after you change the date format. Then you have to crdd on the users profile. Never done this myself - but did you do both CRDD's?

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Shared Solutions for Baan systems provided free by Baan Board.
Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.
Old 14th September 2011, 03:08

In LN6, what is CRDD for user profile

Hi Mark

Thanks for your prompt reply. Do you use LN6 with UNIX?
In LN6, what is CRDD for user profile?
Isn't the "CRDD for user profile" same as the "Convert Changes to Runtime Data Dictionary (ttams2200m000) from specific menu at Maintain User" (which was performed)?

I'm not sure how many are using LN6 with UNIX but successful do the above date format without setting it in every computer client.
Hope those gurus or others can help me.

rgds
Brad
Old 14th September 2011, 13:34
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
Sorry - I don't use LN. I just know some sessions like this update some runtime data dictionaries. Then there is CRDD - which creates run time files for the users profiles. Again this is only what I know from the 4c4 side and ln could be completely different. Just reading this thread made it sound like 2 CRDD needed to be completed - one to make the change. Then another to make it active for the users.

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Shared Solutions for Baan systems provided free by Baan Board.
Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.
Old 14th September 2011, 13:43
Guru

bdittmar will become famous soon enough
Baan: 2.2/3.1/4c4/LN6.1 FP6/FP9/HiDox - DB: tbase, ms-sql7, oracle10gV1, 11g - OS: HP-UX, W2K3, SLES
See LN HELP for DateFormat !

Hello,

For LN !!!!

Software Languages (ttaad1110s000)
Use this session to maintain Software Language definitions that can be used in different applications.
Field Description
Language Select the Software Language of language-dependent parts of an application.
Data Language Select the Data Language that you want to link to the Software Language.
ERP LN displays application data in this data language, if no data language is specified in your user data. For details, refer to Multilanguage Application Data.
Date Format The sequence in which the date will be displayed for the specified language, in accordance with the date format defined in the Date Formats (ttadv4180s000) details session. To start the details session, double-click a date format in the Date Formats (ttadv4580m000) overview session.
Thousand Sign The sign used as the thousand sign for the specific language.
Note
This thousand sign is only applicable for figures other than amounts or prices, such as conversion factor in a unit, or a length or width in a bill of material, and so on. Thousand signs in amounts and prices depend on the thousand sign defined for the applicable currency. They can be defined in the Generic Units (ttaad1106m000) session.
Decimal Sign The sign used as the decimal sign for the specific language.
Note
This decimal sign is only applicable for figures other than amounts or prices, such as a conversion factor in a unit, or a scrap factor in a bill of material, and so on. Decimal signs in amounts and prices depend on the decimal sign defined for the relevant currency, as defined in the Generic Units (ttaad1106m000) session.
Date Separator The character used to separate the day, month, week and year, in a date displayed on a form or report for a specific language. This is used when the field Separator (no/language separator/specific) in the Date Formats (ttadv4180s000) details session has been filled with Language Separator. To start the details session, double-click a date format in the Date Formats (ttadv4580m000) overview session.
Time Separator The character used to separate the time, hours, minutes, and seconds, in a time displayed on a form or report for a specific language. This is used when the field Separator in the Date Formats (ttadv4180s000) details session has been filled with the Language Separator. To start the details session, double-click a date format in the Date Formats (ttadv4580m000) overview session.
Character Set Select the character set.
Character Set The description or name of the code.
Bi directional If this check box is selected, the characters can be used bi directional.
Description AM Enter the AM description for the selected language.
Description PM Enter the PM description for the selected language.

In session ttaad1110s000 :

date fiormat .
The formats are effected by the client, too.
(see date/time settings at your PC)

Regards

Last edited by bdittmar : 14th September 2011 at 13:44. Reason: Add (For LN)
Old 19th September 2011, 14:23

All suggestion already done much earlier

Dear all gurus

Thanks for all your suggestions even though I had in fact done all the suggested method (I actually followed one suggested earlier in this thread which need to run the 2 CRDD before I posted here).

Look like for LN6 UNIX OS, all pc windows clients need to be setup through the windows regional date format.
If anyone have solved it without setting it in all the pc clients, please let me know.

rgd
Brad
Old 4th October 2011, 15:57

justone is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan IVc4, ERP LN6.1 FP6, 10.2.1 - DB: Oracle 10g, 11g - OS: HP UX 11
CRDD in session ttaad1510m000

Hello Brad,

session Software Languages where you initially set the date format also has Specific/convert to runtime DD option, which in fact crates new datecurr file.

I just had the same problem today and succesfully solved it. Ijust edited format, then did above procedure on Software Languages session, logged out and logged in again. I didn't even CRDD users or profiles. It seems to me that the system reads datecurr file, which is currently on disk.

VishalMistry already described procedure, it works on ERP LN FP6.

Last edited by justone : 4th October 2011 at 15:59. Reason: added last sentence
Old 28th October 2011, 08:51

Does it work on Unix ?

Hi Justone

Do you really solve it but is it on UNIX server or Microsoft Windows server?
Also do your LN6 date format (what format date?) doesn't really follow your PC client windows regional date (what format date?) setting?
In Session Software Language date format , I key-in Day,Week, Month, Year but what did you key-in?

Currently in Baan4 running on UNIX is OK but in LN6 running on UNIX OS will the date problem.
Mine are still same problem, I need setup to all pc windows clients through the windows regional date format.

The datecurr file (both existing Baan4 & LN6) showed similarly contains :
D|0012|DMY|%02d-%02m-%02y|
D|0022|DMY|%02d-%02m-%04Y|
D|0032|DMY|%d-%h-%04Y|
D|0042|DMY|%d-%h|
D|0052|DMY|%02d/%02m/%02y|
and so on.

The $BSE/lib for all users in (both existing Baan4 & LN6) showed similarly contains following:
imeam: am
timepm: pm
dateformatDMMYY

But why Baan4 running on UNIX is OK but in LN6 running on UNIX OS will the date problem?

Since you successful solved in UNIX OS, appeciate if you can please help me?

rgds
KS

rgds
Brad
Old 28th October 2011, 09:52

justone is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan IVc4, ERP LN6.1 FP6, 10.2.1 - DB: Oracle 10g, 11g - OS: HP UX 11
It works on Unix

I had problem with fomat mm-dd-yyyy setting in english language since our local setting is dd.mm.yyyy.

Despite local Windows settings (which is dd.mm.yyyy), worktop displayed dates in mm-dd-yyyy format.

I did the change in attachment and converted it to runtime.

But as I'm thinking further you might have a different problem, where you want your local PC's to behave like LN does. Mine was quite opposite, since I only sinchronized LN with existing local setting.

What is you local PC (windows) setting?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Software languages.jpg (113.5 KB, 47 views)

Last edited by justone : 28th October 2011 at 09:53. Reason: added last question