Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Operating Systems & Databases

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
37%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
39%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
21%
Total votes: 38

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 23rd December 2009, 21:57

instant000 is on a distinguished road
Baan: BAAN IV - DB: Oracle 9I - OS: HP-UX 11;Windows Server 2003
Post Rate of DB Growth in ERPLN?
Baan: ERP LN 6.1
DB: SQL Server 2005
C/S: Both

What is the rate of growth for your ERPLN environment?

I know that when I first arrived at this company in the late summer of 2007, the database was around 70 GB in size.

Today when I look at it, the DB is at 170 GB in size.

I’m not the DBA, and I don’t have exact trend information.
But, I can say that it’s grown on average by 100 GB in two years, and see no reason for it to grow less than that across the future.

I know that we mentioned this in the class I took on ERPLN administration, ...the rapid growth of the erpln database, based upon the fact that the system does a lot more auditing than the older baan systems, which I can understand.

I have only two years of history with ERPLN, and was wondering if any of you had data from a longer time span, and if your year over year growth was about the same each year, or not. (I would suspect that it would depend on the amount of business that you received, of course, but still ...)

I'm just looking to do a comparison.

If you are sensitive about sharing the exact numbers, then please, just share simplified ratios.

Thanks!
Old 23rd December 2009, 23:33
Guru

NPRao will become famous soon enough
Baan: iBaanERP-5.2a(Reger),SSA-ERP-LN-6.1,Infor LN-10.x - DB: Oracle-10g,11g,12c,MS-SQL - OS: HP-UX, Linux, Windows
Quote:
I know that we mentioned this in the class I took on ERPLN administration, ...the rapid growth of the erpln database, based upon the fact that the system does a lot more auditing than the older baan systems, which I can understand.
You have to figure out if you really need every table to be audited and how much to audit? Do you have audit purge (ttaad4261m000) running which removes data from the tools table ttaud110 (Maintain Transaction Notifications) and files from $BSE/audit.
Quote:
DB is at 170 GB in size.
How are you calculating this? from the tablespace's size? db data & index size or the whole db size or at the volume group level of the SAN?
Quote:
I’m not the DBA, and I don’t have exact trend information.
But, I can say that it’s grown on average by 100 GB in two years, and see no reason for it to grow less than that across the future.
Capacity Management is much more broader subject and needs more tools and processes to understand the growth, consumption and trending to plan for future.
Sponsored Links