Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Operating Systems & Databases

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
35%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
42%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
19%
Total votes: 31

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 16th December 2009, 14:49

dscrivner is on a distinguished road
Baan: 4 - DB: SQL 2000 - OS: Server 2003
Domain Users cannot login / Local Users Can
Baan: Baan IVc4
DB: SQL Server 2000 SP3a
C/S: Server

I have a problem with my new Baan server. I restored the DB and installed baan with the same logic from the old server, as described in Infor Documentation.

The problem now is that no domain users can login. If I try to create a baan user that is in Active Directory, the user is not added to the db, and cannot login. Also, the users from the original DB cannot login. If I define the user locally, and then add them in baan, everything works as it should. I have verified the local security policy is the same on both servers, and both servers are using the same account.

I have also verified that I can login with the user and I can browse netlogon and sysvol with that user. I can also login to SQL with that user (once it is created), so I dont think the problem is with the domain or with SQL, it seems there is a security issue somewhere in Baan that is keeping this from talking to SQL, which in turn is not allowing it to talk with the Domain.

This is the error I am getting:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Baan
Event Category: Bshell
Event ID: 1000
Date: 12/16/2009
Time: 7:59:45 AM
User: TRENCOR\test100
Computer: AUG-BAAN
Description:
Env : baan (d:\Baan)
Program : bshell file bdb_fun.c # 1127
Keyword : DB error
Username : test100 type:N language:2
Process : 3140
ProcessSet : test100@AUG-BAAN:3140
Lasterror : 0
Errno : 0
BdbErrno : 510 (Database not on)

If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Old 17th December 2009, 19:24

jaotto is on a distinguished road
Baan: LN - DB: Oracle - OS: Linux
510 error

With this error message the user is not able to connect to the DB.

It would be recommended to verify the information in your msql_users file is correct with what is actually in the DB and you are able to log in with the local DB accounts.

Can these users map network drives to the servers? Can these users log in remotely to DB by using SQL utilities?
Old 18th December 2009, 13:18

instant000 is on a distinguished road
Baan: BAAN IV - DB: Oracle 9I - OS: HP-UX 11;Windows Server 2003
Post Find a SQL DBA who has done migrations before, and/or find the Microsoft article/note

Quote:
Originally Posted by dscrivner View Post
I have a problem with my new Baan server. I restored the DB and installed baan with the same logic from the old server, as described in Infor Documentation.

The problem now is that no domain users can login. If I try to create a baan user that is in Active Directory, the user is not added to the db, and cannot login. Also, the users from the original DB cannot login. If I define the user locally, and then add them in baan, everything works as it should. I have verified the local security policy is the same on both servers, and both servers are using the same account.

I have also verified that I can login with the user and I can browse netlogon and sysvol with that user. I can also login to SQL with that user (once it is created), so I dont think the problem is with the domain or with SQL, it seems there is a security issue somewhere in Baan that is keeping this from talking to SQL, which in turn is not allowing it to talk with the Domain.

This is the error I am getting:

If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate it.
I remember that we had an MS-SQL database restored before, and no one could log in, due to a problem with the database security.

It is something that you can run to copy the security stuff from the former database, and send it to the other database.

I forget the formal name for it, but if you have a DBA who's worked on MS-SQL migrations before, they should be familiar with it.

There is something either in technet, or a Microsoft knowledgebase article about this, but I don't know the correct terms to search for, but this may clue you in to what you really need.

If you can contact a MS-SQL DBA who's done migrations before, they may remember how to do this one, and/or know the relevant terms to assist you.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by instant000 : 18th December 2009 at 13:20. Reason: SQL vs. MS-SQL
Old 18th December 2009, 15:52

I agree its something with the SQL security. I found that I had duplicate SPN's, but that didnt solve the problme. I also found that as long as the users are defined in the local servers admin group, they can login. This seems to indicate there is a problem between SQL and the Server, but Im not sure how I would fix that. M$ wasnt much help, but Im wondering if there is something that I missed in the restore that I should have. I restored all the system DBs, and Im wondering if I should have left that alone, and only restored the baandb?
Old 21st December 2009, 09:32
Guru

jclju1 is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan IV, Baan 5.0c, SSA ERP LN 6.1 - DB: bisam, Oracle, Informix, Sql Server - OS: Unix (all), Windows
Quote:
I also found that as long as the users are defined in the local servers admin group, they can login.
It could be that you have permission problem on folders.
Old 21st December 2009, 16:03

I actually tried to give users full rights to both D:\baan and then C:, as well as E where the data resides. It still didnt work, so it seems its a process rather than a file, but you may be right and there is blocked inheritence somewhere along the way. Im not sure.

Does anyone know what the directories are that users need to have access to? I assumed it would do this during set up but maybe not.

Thanks!
Old 29th December 2010, 21:54

shekhar_vc is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan IVc4, BaanERP 5.0b, BaanERP 5.0c, iBaanERP 5.2a, SSA ERP LN - DB: SQL Sever, Oracle - OS: Windows, Unix, Linux
I get this problem when I restore database from one server to another. I usually resolve it by dropping the DB users and recreating them on the new server via converting the Baan Database users to runtime (before that you will need to set the status for the user to "Not yet created in RDBMS via GTM).

Best Regards,
Shekhar
Old 3rd January 2011, 19:04

RedBatz is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan IV c4 - DB: MSSQL2005 - OS: W2003
lower case logins

Hi,

had a similar issue once.

Solve it using lower case logins in AD.
Old 3rd January 2011, 21:06
Guru

EdHubbard is on a distinguished road
Baan: 4c4 MCR - DB: MS SQL Server 2000 - OS: Windows 2003 Server
Is it that your old installation of SQL Server didn't have an instance name but your new one does?
In the lib file tabledef, previously it may have had lines that looked like:
*:*:msql7:N

Now you may need to edit it to add the instance name (AAABAAN)
*:*:msql7(MSQL_LEVEL1=1,MSQL_SERVERHOST=192.168.10.2\AAABAAN):N

I'm sure there is somewhere proper to enter this directly in Baan rather than edit the file but it works!

AAABAAN is an example instance name.

Last edited by EdHubbard : 4th January 2011 at 13:20.
Old 4th January 2011, 03:06

toolsjb is on a distinguished road
Baan: IV, 5, Ln - DB: Oracle, SQL, DB2 - OS: MS windows, Linux, Solaris, AIX
agree with jclju1 - this is permission problem on folders or file(s). Otherwise local users will not log either.

So, check (and give more permitions if necessary) to:
%bse%\lib\mssql and files in it
%bse%\lib\tabledef6.1
%bse%\lib\fd.*

error 510 means that baan does not know how to connect to DB at all i.e. files tabledef6.1 and sql_users are not read.
Old 4th January 2011, 13:19
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolsjb View Post

error 510 means that baan does not know how to connect to DB at all i.e. files tabledef6.1 and sql_users are not read.

Re. my earlier post. Looking back at my notes, we got error 510 when the SQL instance name was not in the tabledef file so I think that is worth following up.
Should only take a few minutes to copy and then modify the tabledef file to check whether I'm right or wrong.
Old 4th January 2011, 23:50

toolsjb is on a distinguished road
Baan: IV, 5, Ln - DB: Oracle, SQL, DB2 - OS: MS windows, Linux, Solaris, AIX
in your case nobody can login. Am I right?

Of course, it's better to check you suggestion firts (It will not take more then couple minutes).
Old 5th January 2011, 09:56
Guru

This was a few years ago (when we replaced our Baan server and did a fresh install of SQL Server onto it as well) but nobody could login to the new server. The only thing required was to amend the tabledef file.

Somehow the previous server did not need the instance name but the new one did. Presumably because the later version of SQL Server (or a service pack) added it as a requirement.

Ed
Old 28th February 2011, 22:39

PV Ramone is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan IV c4 - DB: Oracle 9.2 - OS: HP-UX 11.11
SQL is case sensitive

make sure when you restore a MSSQL database that you give the restored database exactly the same name since sql server is case sensitive: baandb, Baandb and BAANDB are all different databases!!
Old 12th July 2011, 17:49

rkjoshi1716 is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan ivc4 - DB: oracle - OS: windows 2000
We had similar problem & we were able to resolve it by adding domain users group to Users Group on the Baan Server.

for eg. your Domain is "XX001" then you will have to add, XX001\Domain Users to the group Users.

Thanks,