Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Development

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
37%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
39%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
21%
Total votes: 38

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 5th December 2009, 02:50
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
Form Error Question
Baan: Baan IVc4
C/S: None/Unknown

What I had was a multi-occurence plus view field form. I had a table with 6 fields in the index. I added a 7th field and started getting the attached error. Before I started getting the error I had all 6 fields of the index on form 1 and only 5 of the fields on form 2. The forms are packed and I did not realize this. Everything worked great.

Now after I added the 7th field on form 1 when I hit the next or prev set button I got this error. On form 2 if I hit prev or next set it worked - the difference was that the 7th field of the index was on the form. So I went to the first form and added it to the form as a hidden 1 char field. Form 1 started working. BUT THEN form 2 started getting this same error(note at first form 2 worked). That was when I discovered the 6th field on the index was not on it - so again I added it as a hidden field of 1 char length(both 6th and 7th are char strings). Now both forms work again.

Now the question - the error makes it look like a coding error, but I even removed the script and still got the error. I thought you did not have to have all the index fields on all the forms????? The 7th field was added to the index so the records sorted correctly(7th field is a date/time stamp string field) and the first 5 fields of the index are what make the index unique and the 6th and 7th just to get them sorted correctly. Is there some internal kind of link between multiple forms on a session???

I guess in the past I have always used the same index fields on all the forms and that is why I have never seen the problem. Really just trying to understand what I might be missing on this. Thanks for any info.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg error.JPG (15.3 KB, 34 views)

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Shared Solutions for Baan systems provided free by Baan Board.
Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.
Sponsored Links
Old 5th December 2009, 03:00

simonngou is on a distinguished road
Baan: B61 - DB: MS SQL - OS: Windows XP
Can you post your code?
It seems a simple syntax error only
Old 7th December 2009, 07:54
Guru

shah_bs is on a distinguished road
Baan: BAAN IVc3 with A&D2.2b - DB: ORACLE 9 - OS: HPUX
What do you see in the log.oracle8 or log.ora.sql files?

Does the error message in the log point to the table to which the index was added?

Did you do a create Runtime DD of the SESSION after the index was added, to see if that helps resolves the problem?
Old 7th December 2009, 21:57
Guru

Did not check the oracle logs will do that tomorrow. There was no coding error - the script ran fine and the solution was to add all 7 fields of the index to both forms. The very first thing I tried was create runtime DD for the session and forms, logging out and back into the system. What was really weird was that (with the script) form 2 would work with out any changes. Then I fixed form 1 by adding the new field from the index - thought I was done, then went to form 2 and now it generated the exact same error. So then I added the 6th field from the index to that form. The session now works just fine, but I was hoping to understand why.

Thanks for the answers.

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.
Old 7th December 2009, 23:56
Guru

shah_bs is on a distinguished road
Baan: BAAN IVc3 with A&D2.2b - DB: ORACLE 9 - OS: HPUX
After reading you notes again ... There should not be any errors, just because you have just a couple of fields from the index on each form.

For example, I have a Display Shipment Lines session, which I completely redefined for our installation. The full index I use for the session is index2, which has field as follows:
- Item
- Project
- Element
- HDL Line
- Contract
- Shipment Number
- Shipment Position

I have four forms in the session. Each form has a different combination of fields from the index, in that, none of forms have ALL the fields that make up the index.

So, it is possible that something else is wrong.

Maybe, you can generate the session brand new, define the forms as you need, and then attach the original session's script back to your brand new session and see if that helps. If that works, it possibly implies a corruption of the forms data in the 000 tables, and the generation of the session cleared that up. But I am just estimating ...

Last edited by shah_bs : 8th December 2009 at 03:57.
Old 8th December 2009, 16:29
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shah_bs View Post
Maybe, you can generate the session brand new, define the forms as you need, and then attach the original session's script back to your brand new session and see if that helps. If that works, it possibly implies a corruption of the forms data in the 000 tables, and the generation of the session cleared that up. But I am just estimating ...
I forgot to mention I did generate another session and test the script. The only other thing I tried was attaching the old forms to the new session - the minute I did that I received the same error. I believe you are correct in that there is corruption in the forms some how. I hate to lose all the customizations to the forms and will see if it continues to work - but I think you are correct there must be some corruption in the forms for this session. If anything else errors out on it I will build a completely new session and redo everything(except the script of course).

Thanks appreciate the answers.

GO Cards!