DEM User Dialog creation for multiple companies
I was wondering if there a better way to do this.
- we have a DEM 'development' Company
all modifications are done in this company.
- then, the DEM is exported, rcp'd to the production computer, and then imported into 5 different company numbers. This is to avoid having to maintain the DEM separate for each company, even though the roles in the different companies are different, sometimes not even overlapping.
- thereafter, the DEM User Dialogs are generated.
What I have tried (and did not work):
- I created the tg tables as LOGICAL tables in one company and PHYSICAL tables in another
- Import the DEM into the PHYSICAL tables company
- attemp to Generate the DEM User Dialogs in the LOGICAL tables company - this fails because the session does not find the physical tables
What I am trying to achieve:
- avoid importing the DEM Dump into five different companies
- still be able to have the same role-based control that DEM User Dialog provides.
Is there a solution to this?