Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Manufacturing & Supply Chain

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
37%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
39%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
21%
Total votes: 38

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 22nd June 2002, 18:20

Bryan is on a distinguished road
Baan: 50.b - DB: Oracle - OS: Unix
Work center & calendar setup issue

I have 2 items, A and B

Both items are run on the same work center and same machine. We run item A Sunday through Wednesday and item B Thursday through Saturday.

The only way I know how to reflect this in the system so we get accurate start and finish dates in Planning is to setup 2 work centers, each with its own calendar. Work center 1 would be linked to calendar 1 (Sun-Wed) which would be linked to item A. Work center 2 would be linked to calendar 2 (Thur-Sat) which would be linked to item B.

The problem with this is that then Capacity Planning and the SFC Utilization reports see these as 2 workcenters, when it is actually 1. I could setup a parent work center, but as far as I know capacity planning and the SFC Utilization reports to not show parent work centers.

Any other options?
Sponsored Links
Old 28th June 2002, 10:51
Guru

Martin Jung is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan IV - DB: Oracle - OS: Unix
Unhappy Graph of Utilization

Hi Bryan,

you are right, the reports do not show the capacity of the parent work center. I dont know why.
Maybe the graphical views of work center utilization will help you. They do show the capacity also for parent work centers. That's the way we deal with that problem.

Regards,

Martin