Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Development

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
35%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
42%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
19%
Total votes: 31

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 28th May 2009, 18:35
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
App Start and a URL
Baan: Baan IVc4
C/S: Client

I am able to successfully launch a url from inside baan. I guess it runs an applet or something to launch a file(pdf drawings). It works, but then internet explorer then gives this message. I removed the URL from the screenshot, but everything works. The question I have is there a way to either kill the internet explorer after the drawing is launched or prevent this message from appearing? Any idea's are appreciated. I tried taskkill, but it would kill all of my internet explorer processes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image1.jpg (92.6 KB, 96 views)

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Shared Solutions for Baan systems provided free by Baan Board.
Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.
Old 28th May 2009, 20:16
Guru

sushil is on a distinguished road
Baan: BAAN IV C4 - DB: Oracle - OS: Windows
Hi,

Alternatives.

Try making Different browser as default browser - and then when it launches kill it using taskkill or process kill option from sysinternals.

or

Reroute the url (you have defined ) to another page.
i.e.

Eg . type tracert www.google.com in cmd
then note the Ip of it

1.goto %windir%\system32\drivers\etc
2.open hosts file.
3.type the ip you have noted give some space(press tab) and then paste the url you have defined.

i hope this helps.

Last edited by sushil : 28th May 2009 at 20:22.
Old 28th May 2009, 21:08
Guru

Both are good suggestions - the problem with the first is that this option will be used by purchasing agents at multiple sites and I can not create an alternate executable. I think that would work, but I know desktop control would not let me do it because of security controls.

Well - the url is so long it will not run in the command level. We actually tried a few things with that. Like using cmd with close after executing.

These suggestions did make me wonder if the person or wrote this servelet or applet could make some changes to get clear the error or close ie.

Thanks for the help and maybe someone else will have a different suggestion.

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.
Old 29th May 2009, 11:05
Guru

george7a is on a distinguished road
Baan: IVc, 5.0 b, 5.0 c, LN 6.1 - DB: MS SQL, Oracle - OS: Windows 2000, 2003 & UNIX
Hi Mark,

As I understood you need to kill the IE after some time, right? Is there a specific number of seconds?

If yes, I can gladly write you some VB code that will open the link for lets say30 seconds and then kill the IE (the same instance that I opened).

Let me know if this will help,

- George
Old 29th May 2009, 15:58
Guru

Thanks George and I appreciate it. The problem will be getting the code to all the users. As it stands we have not demo'ed the new program to them and will have to see what they think. I am also trying to see what the person who wrote this applet or servelet(whatever the heck it is) can do from their end. I was hoping there was a windows command or something in baan that I could control.

Appreciate the answers.

GO Cards!

Old 29th May 2009, 19:16
Guru

Baan: IVc, 5.0 b, 5.0 c, LN 6.1 - DB: MS SQL, Oracle - OS: Windows 2000, 2003 & UNIX
You can copy this exe to a shared directory or copy it to every client using server2client(). Let me know if it helps. I can give you the compiled code, or the code it self so you can compile it.

I have search a bit for a way to do it via batch file but could not find anything. I will keep you posted if I find anything.
Old 29th May 2009, 19:22
Guru

Hi,

Nowadays all the Antivirus are capable of Webfiltering or End point sec.
eg :

1.Norton Internet security
2.Mcafee total protection
3.NOD32
4.Avast.

So you could block the url centrally in Antivirus Server Domain - so it will pass on to all installed clients .

Hence avoiding the URL to work or show the message.

note: this depends on type of AV installed at your place.
Old 29th May 2009, 19:28
Guru

As suggested by Mr.george(Super mod) you could make central deployment of batch files from Windows Active directory.

i.e you can define in startup profile in Domain GPO - who ever login in Windows the batch file will get deployed in desired location say %windir%\system.

You could try the same thing for hosts file deployment (URL rerouting) to all Clients.

Last edited by sushil : 29th May 2009 at 19:39.
Sponsored Links
Old 1st June 2009, 16:00
Guru

Mark,

You can use the "tasklist" Dos command. From it you can get the list of processes that are currently running on the client. You can check whether iexplore.exe is running or not, if it is, save its PID. Then execute your iexplore.exe, wait as much as you need, and kill the new iexplore.exe (by checking the tasklist again...).

I hope this helps,

- George