Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Administration & Installation

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
37%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
39%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
21%
Total votes: 38

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 23rd February 2009, 18:35
Guru

jclju1 is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan IV, Baan 5.0c, SSA ERP LN 6.1 - DB: bisam, Oracle, Informix, Sql Server - OS: Unix (all), Windows
Upgrade Tools from FP4 to FP5
Baan: Other/Unknown
DB: Other/Unknown
C/S: None/Unknown

Hi all.

I tried to upgrade tools package from FP4 to FP5. Infor Installation Wizard stopped with error. I checked all log and info files and found only one error in $BSE/log/log.pmc file:

WARNING: Solution spTT842_DE is not present for new Base VRC 7.6_a5_tt (probably download problem; see $BSE/log/log.pmc)
FATAL ERROR: Error(s) occurred during check; not all solutions can be installed

Solution spTT842_DE was installed in FP4 but I checked Infor support page and found out that there is new patch in FP5 for German Language - spTT85_DEtt.tar.gz.

Do you have any idea why Installation wizard try to install old patch? Is there any workaround for upgrade? I remember from previous upgrades that it's possible to upgrade application without install all PMC solutions that are already installed in old FP but I forgot how to do it - think that I have to set one variable but can't remember which one.

Thanks in advance for your ideas and your help.
Regards.
Old 23rd February 2009, 19:36
Guru

NPRao will become famous soon enough
Baan: iBaanERP-5.2a(Reger),SSA-ERP-LN-6.1,Infor LN-10.x - DB: Oracle-10g,11g,12c,MS-SQL - OS: HP-UX, Linux, Windows
Quote:
Do you have any idea why Installation wizard try to install old patch? Is there any workaround for upgrade? I remember from previous upgrades that it's possible to upgrade application without install all PMC solutions that are already installed in old FP but I forgot how to do it - think that I have to set one variable but can't remember which one.
Refer to the Solution Info on the Baan Support's knowledgebase:
Quote:
SolutionID 209469
Solution Description
English Possibilty to install Feature Pack updates without additional individual solutions

SOLUTION DESCRIPTION:
The default behavior of PMC is unchanged. PMC will by default still enforce the same solution level. However, you can change this default behavior by setting the environment variable PMC_IGNORE_SOL=1. Note that if you install the Service Pack in an already existing Update VRC, the solutions that were installed in that Update VRC for the previous Service Pack will also be installed for the new Service Pack. So, the option to ignore additional solutions only applies to solutions of other Update VRCs.

SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS:
You can specify the environment variable in different ways:
1. In the command field of the BW configuration file (-set PMC_IGNORE_SOL=1). In this way the setting only applies to the user that uses this configuration.
2. In $BSE/lib/bse_vars (add the line PMC_IGNORE_SOL=1). If you use the Installation Wizard you can add this line when you are asked to change the bse_vars configuration file. In this way the setting applies to all users.
It is recommended to remove this setting after each Service Pack installation.
Old 23rd February 2009, 22:38
Guru

JaapJD will become famous soon enoughJaapJD will become famous soon enough
Baan: BaanIV, BaanERP, ERP LN 6.1 - DB: Oracle, SQL Server - OS: Unix, Windows
Mind this:
Quote:
So, the option to ignore additional solutions only applies to solutions of other Update VRCs.
Because there is only one Update VRC for tools, this solution will not apply to Enterprise Server 8.5. There are two ways to solve this: 1) Uninstall the German translation for ES8.4.2 and then install ES8.5 and the new translation; 2) Contact Infor365 and log this problem.
Sponsored Links
Old 24th February 2009, 14:15
Guru

jclju1 is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan IV, Baan 5.0c, SSA ERP LN 6.1 - DB: bisam, Oracle, Informix, Sql Server - OS: Unix (all), Windows
Thanks guys.
I did as Jaap suggest, uninstalled German translation patch and after that was able to finish installation.