Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Operating Systems & Databases

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
37%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
39%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
21%
Total votes: 38

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 9th June 2008, 16:16

rduncan10 is on a distinguished road
Baan: IVc4 - DB: Oracle 10g - OS: SUSE Linux
Order of Server Updates
Baan: Baan IVc4
DB: Oracle 10.2.0.x
C/S: None/Unknown

I am in the midst of catching our Baan server up on various patches and updates and am wondering about the best order for doing these. Is it better to do Baan updates before Oracle updates, or the other way around?

The updates I plan are:
1. Server firmware and OS updates (mainly SUSE 9 security updates).
2. Baan portingset (6.1c.07.13 to .17) and service packs (SP21 to 24)
3. Oracle Updates (10.2.0.2 to 10.2.0.3) and latest CPUs

I am doing these in the order above over several weekends. I’ve done the first set already and tried to do the Baan updates this past weekend, but I ran into a problem.

The portingset update made Baan really slow. It took 20 secs to open the item master and 30 secs to go from one end of it to the other (it has about 124,000 records). It normally takes almost no time. I switched back to the old portingset. I wonder if I should have done the Oracle updates first.

I have installed these updates on our backup server, which has identical hardware and software. That server has no problems. Unfortunately, when I was setting up that server I did not pay much attention to the order in which I did things, so I’m not sure how I arrived at a working version of Baan. I was focused on recording the steps for doing each individual update, and forgot to records the sequence of them.

Before I go plunging ahead with the next set of updates I want to make sure I am doing this right.
Old 16th June 2008, 10:54
Guru

dave_23 will become famous soon enough
Baan: All - DB: Oracle / MS SQL / DB2 - OS: All
Looks fine, you're pretty current so you don't have to worry about the porting set and oracle version mismatch.

Actually 10.2.0.3 is a little sketchy. you might wanna search the baan KB for any known issues. I believe there's a problem there. Might be better to go to 10.2.0.4

Dave
Sponsored Links