Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Administration & Installation

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
35%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
42%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
19%
Total votes: 31

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 9th May 2008, 06:04

aaristotle is on a distinguished road
Baan: ERP Ln FP3 - DB: SQL 2005 - OS: W2K3
ODM Installation & Setup
Baan: ERP LN 6.1
DB: SQL Server 2005
C/S: Both

I am attempting to implement the ODM (Object Data Management) module in ERP LN FP3 / Tools 8.4.1a.

I have installed the software on the server, loaded the default data into the dm tables all as per the install manuals. I have also loaded the Infor ERP Integration software and the ODM/Office integration software on to my PC.

I have configured the Central Configuration Console with the appropriate Bus component, and the Adaptor client for my PC. I have tried running either the tmbdeserver or tmboaserver on the server with the appropriate bus component. I am also running the vault server on port 4001 on the server.

I am now trying to use ODM however I have the following problems:

I am unable to enable the paper clip icon within LN. (I have enabled ODM in Implemented Software Components)
In Word or Excel selecting the menu option SSA ERP ODM / Register file in ODM produces the error message: "Default Backend could not be found, check you adaptor configuration"
I am unable to edit the Common ODM parameters as per the manual (values are greyed out)
I am unable to add libraries. (I have been able to define a Vault work area on the server)

My main problem is probably not quite grasping the overall concepts of how everything relates in ODM, however there may also be issues with using 8.4.1.a tools which apparently has altered the underlying technology ie tmbdeserver rather than tmboaserver, and more of the drivers incorporated into base tools than before.
If anyone can give me some pointers or knows of any additional documentation or training guides it would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 7th November 2013, 11:08

Aryaraj is on a distinguished road
Baan: LNFP7 - DB: MSSQL - OS: WindowsXP
Dear Sir,

We want to install ERP LN ODM SETUP into our test server.
Old 7th November 2013, 16:21
Guru

bhushanchanda has a spectacular aura aboutbhushanchanda has a spectacular aura aboutbhushanchanda has a spectacular aura about
Baan: LN FP 1-9, 10.4, a little bit of Baan IV - DB: SQL Server 2008, Oracle - OS: Windows Server 2008 R2, Unix
Hi,

Always search the board for the related threads

Thread 1

Thread 2

Bhushan

Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow!