Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Administration & Installation

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
37%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
39%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
21%
Total votes: 38

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 5th March 2008, 10:30

vktonk is on a distinguished road
Baan: baan4c4 - DB: oracle, sql server - OS: NT, unix
Showing field text in Arabic
Baan: Baan IVc4
DB: SQL Server 2005
C/S: Both

Hi, I'm implementing BaaN for a Saudi Arabian establishment. Requirement here is to have system accept field value in baan session in arabic e.g. customer name, description etc should be entered in arabic. No need of form, labels etc to be in Arabic.
Actually the Arabic language is being set at the OS level. When keys- alt+shift is pressed the text language is set to Arabic. When the mode is Arabic, then in baan session, when user types text, the text being entered is not shown in Arabic rather system is showing some other codes/characters for the text entered. Although if we enter text in non baan application e.g. excel, the text shown is Arabic.

how can i display the entered text in Arabic language?. Is this setting is set during installation of Baan?

Thanks in advance.
Old 5th March 2008, 11:59
Guru

Kozure Ohashi is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan IV c4 SP 19, ERP LN 6.1 FP3 - DB: 10g R2 - OS: Linux SLES 10 64 Bit
Multibyte

As far as i know you need an BaaN IV multibyte installation (as well as the database installation requires multibyte).

In LN unicode will be used.

Result: With an non multibyte installation you can only display latin based languages.

Same problem with chinese, japanese etc.

Regards,

Kozure
Old 5th March 2008, 12:37

Multibyte

Thanks Ohashi,
I've installed SQL server 2005. How can i check that the installated database is multibyte? And in the new BAAN!Vc installation, in "Multibyte" locale option drop down box which option is to be selected from the available options.
For Arabic (in single byte) option was ISO_BIN6(Binary sorted), but i could not find any entry for Arabic in multibyte. or else which option is to be used for multibyte?

Please help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozure Ohashi View Post
As far as i know you need an BaaN IV multibyte installation (as well as the database installation requires multibyte).

In LN unicode will be used.

Result: With an non multibyte installation you can only display latin based languages.

Same problem with chinese, japanese etc.

Regards,

Kozure
Old 5th March 2008, 14:00
Guru

Kozure Ohashi is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan IV c4 SP 19, ERP LN 6.1 FP3 - DB: 10g R2 - OS: Linux SLES 10 64 Bit
Links

Please check the links, never used multibyte:

http://www.baanboard.com/baanboard/s...ight=multibyte

Regards,

Kozure
Old 5th March 2008, 14:28
Guru

Markus Schmitz is on a distinguished road
Baan: Ivc4 - DB: Oracle8i/9i/10g - OS: HP-Ux11i
Additionally you have to set in the NLS tab in the bw config gui the language to arabic. This is the minimum for you to enter and see arabic.

As mentioned before you will need a multibyte installation. If I am not mistaken, then in $BSE/lib you will find a file called "multibyte" or similar. This is decided at installation time, so in the worst case you will need to install again.
Old 5th March 2008, 16:42

Multibyte with NLS

Hi,
Thanks markus. I have an issue related to multibyte installation.
Actually in the new installation setup of BAANIvc4 with porting set 13, there is no multibyte locale for ARABIC. In single-byte there is option ISO_BIN6 for ARABIC. In case i reinstall then which option is to be used?

Any how in the current installation of singlebyte with ISO-8859-1, i changed the NLS settings to ARABIC in BW configuration. Then the system started showing right arabic text when entered, but it when i tried to print that same text using any device orientation of the words automatically changed.

Please help whether i'm on right path if i continue to use single byte?
Is there any way out to show date in arabic and right orientation of arabic words if i use current single byte installation ?

And if single-byte installation with NLS settings is not to be used then for multibyte instalaltion which particular option i have to use for the ARABIC?

Thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Schmitz View Post
Additionally you have to set in the NLS tab in the bw config gui the language to arabic. This is the minimum for you to enter and see arabic.

As mentioned before you will need a multibyte installation. If I am not mistaken, then in $BSE/lib you will find a file called "multibyte" or similar. This is decided at installation time, so in the worst case you will need to install again.
Old 5th March 2008, 17:32
Guru

Markus Schmitz is on a distinguished road
Baan: Ivc4 - DB: Oracle8i/9i/10g - OS: HP-Ux11i
I was never involved in an arabic installation, but in chinese, so some of the following are just guesses, but sound:

You need both the multibyte installation (so in your case a new installation) and the NLS setting in bw config. Additionally you need the right locale in the user setup. In my Baan system there is none for arabic, but you might contact baan support for this.

So how do you get a mulitbyte installation? Baan simply asks you in the installation procedure. So this is actually quite simple.

Regards

markus
Old 8th March 2008, 10:17

Arabic printing

Hi,
Thanks for your kind help. I've contacted the INfOR regarding showing the text in ARABIC. Multibyte installation is not supported for ARABIC.
I've changed the NLS settings to ARABIC and found that now the baan is accepting and displaying correct arabic script and characters.

But now the problem is that when the same displayed text is printed on any baan printing device, it is not showing correct arabic words.
I have tried to change BWPrint settings for the font also to select arabic script. But the problem remains?

Can u please help so that arabic text can be printed correctly?

Thanks in advance.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Arabic_Bw_Print.doc (55.5 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by vktonk : 9th March 2008 at 09:20.
Old 10th March 2008, 21:15

GaryEd is on a distinguished road
Baan: 4c4 sp 30 - DB: SQL 2008 R2 - OS: Windows 2008 R2
Have you changed the locale for the device? Same thing as for the bwc file you need to se tthe locale for the device.
Old 11th March 2008, 13:39

Thanks GaryEd, Markus and Ohashi.
The problem has been solved. The solution steps are:
1. Install database with collation designator:- Arabic
2. Install baanivc4 with singlebyte installation with locale ISO-88596 for Arabic.
3. If your system after installation is not showing all the Locales then download solution # 101830 Locale information.
4. Change NLS settings in BW configurations to ARABIC.
5. Add same locale ISO-88596 in Maintain Device Data.
6. Install solution # 118733 for BW Print settings.

***For future search on this topic, if anybody wants complete solution of the above problem, he/she contact-
Mr. khalid
Technical Support Manager (ACS, Riyadh)
E-Mail: kh2099@yahoo.com

Last edited by vktonk : 12th June 2008 at 16:09. Reason: Need more solution
Old 15th March 2008, 11:43

New problem

Hi,
I have got new problem now... I 've installed new test server with database collation designator - Arabic and single byte installation with arabic -ISO88596locale as Multibyte-Installation for Arabic is not available. Now when a baan report is being printed on this server, English data is not printed properly, and there is also problem in report layouts etc.
My simple requirement was to have arabic data to be printed correctly as in English locale ISo-88598-1, the arabic text was displyed correctly when NLS settings are being changed.

Please help me as INfor has told me that they have no solution for printing arabic text. Infor has confused me with this.....
Is there any wayout so that both arabic text and English text are displayed and printed correctly?

We will be entering Arabic text in few of the descriptions and reference fields.
Around 90% of the work will be in english.

Thanks in advance