Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Manufacturing & Supply Chain

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
37%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
39%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
21%
Total votes: 38

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 19th December 2007, 16:19

metropoj is on a distinguished road
Baan: LN FP7 - DB: MSSQL - OS: Win 7
Question Maintain Gen Routing Setup Time Question
Baan: Other/Unknown

We set up our Generic Routing by the unit ordered.

At some point, it was decided that for some "Operations" under Maintain Generic Routing, the "Setup" field would be used to represent the setup of ONE unit. It appears as though the company would like to account for this setup time PER UNIT ordered.
For example, 1 Rail operation had a setup time of 30 minutes. IF the customer Ordered 2 rails, they want to account for 60 min setup time, 30 min per rail unit.

I know that 'run_time' or 'quantity' allows me in the constraints to access the 'Run Time' or 'Quantity' field from the operations.

Is anyone familiar if I can use the variable 'setup' in constraint program to read that value from the 'Setup' routing operations ?

I hope that was clear ?
Old 20th December 2007, 06:15

David Eagar is on a distinguished road
Baan: 5c (SP16) - DB: SQL2005 - OS: Windows 2003
To get to basics in your process - are you sure that it takes twice as long to set up your machinery to make 2 items instead of one?
Without a mod, I think you will need to set up quantity dependant routings to achieve your goal
Old 20th December 2007, 15:05

metropoj is on a distinguished road
Baan: LN FP7 - DB: MSSQL - OS: Win 7
In some of these constraints, they were used to specify the set up time to prep 'per unit made' as there were certain operations that did require exactly the same amount of time per unit.

In this instance, we do in fact need the setup time per unit made. We cannot use the run-time because our product is also length based and regardless of length we still require the same set up time per unit ....

We are finding in review that the configuration only captures the initial setup time. I want to be able to capture the number of units ordered and multiply by the set up time to capture the costs more correctly ...
Sponsored Links