Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Distribution, Transportation & Warehousing

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
35%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
42%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
19%
Total votes: 31

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 6th November 2007, 05:15

BhushanPatil is on a distinguished road
Baan: ERP BaanIV, ERP BaaN5, Infor ERP LN6.1 FP2/ FP7/ 10.4 - DB: WINDOWS SQL SERVER - OS: WINDOWS 2010
Question Negative Inventory Adjustment in Easy Adjustment Entry in Warehousing
Baan: ERP LN 6.1

Dear Experts,
This is related to ERP LN 6.1 FP2 & Warehousing. I am working on test company.
Please refer the attached file for screen shots.
1)I have got sufficient Inventory in Warehouse for a particular item.
2)But when I try to adjust the negative inventory in Easy Adjustment Entry (whinh5202m000 ), the system is not allowing me to do it. It is giving warning message that Negative Inventory not allowed.
3)Please note that the stock point inventory is shown in warehouse. But the same stock point inventory is not shown in the session Easy Adjustment Entry.
4)Also please note that in this is happening with range of items across different warehouses. Also in this same warehouse it is happening with lots of items, although there are some items where such thing is not happening. Hence this is not one of case as such.
5)When there is sufficient Stock Point Inventory for some items in the session Easy Adjustment Entry, the negative inventory adjustment is allowed without giving the warning message. Hence this is not related to Negative Inventory indication, which I have maintained NO.
6)Hence there seems to be problem of appearance of the Stock Point Inventory in Easy Adjustment Entry session.
7)Why the appearance of Stock Point Inventory in this session is behaving in such manner ? Whether there is any setting to be done ?
Please study it & try to give me reasoning & solution for this problem. Please help. Thanks.
=Bhushan Patil
Mumbai, INDIA

Attached Files
File Type: doc Negative_inventory_adjustment.doc (133.5 KB, 53 views)
Old 9th November 2007, 22:56

frankadam is on a distinguished road
Baan: All - DB: All - OS: All
Beware of the inventory date!

Hi Bhushan,

Looking at your screen shots I noticed that you've entered inventory date 11/05/07 06:25:16 PM in the session 'easy adjustment entry' while at the same time I can't see any inventory present for that inventory date (and time) in your stock point inventory session.

Whenever you fill in the inventory date the system is only looking for stock that is present for that particular inventory date and therefore in your case doesn't find any. In case you fill in for example 11/05/07 05:46:35 PM I don't think you will have a problem.

Good luck,
Frank
Old 12th November 2007, 11:25

Navin Tenani is on a distinguished road
Baan: BaanIVc4, ERP Ln 6.1 - DB: sql2k - OS: win2k
Also pls check the outbound method

Hi Bhusan,

Also please check the outbound method for item in warehouse. I assume it should be LIFO or FIFO. This results into storing of Inventory Date with every Inventory Unit.

Thanks

Navin Tenani
Old 13th November 2007, 08:44

hotjens is on a distinguished road
Baan: LN 10.4 - DB: Oracle - OS: NT
Lightbulb Possibly change outbound method

One should even consider to change the outbound method to By location: that way it becomes easier to make adjustments and there is less data to be stored. This of course only if the outbound of the items is not by LIFO or FIFO. To change the outbound method one can use whwmd3202m000.
Old 28th November 2007, 13:16

srane70 is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan IVc & Ln 6.1 - DB: sql - OS: windows
Dear Bhushan,

I had gone through your document.

According to my observation since your stock point is different i.e. Inventory date is 05/11/2007 at 6:25:16pm where you do not have the stock point inventory. If you observe the time part of the Inventory date it does not match with your Stock Point Inventory report.

Secondly, you must be observing this problem in items where your setting of Outbound Method in Item Warehousing session ( whwmd4100s000) is on LIFO or FIFO basis.
If have not done this setting purposely then change your outbound method to Location , by using session Define New Outbound Method ( whwmd3202m000).

Mandar Gore
Mumbai, INDIA

Old 30th November 2007, 09:34

nishant is on a distinguished road
Baan: BaaN IVc4 & ERP LN 6.1 - DB: SQL - OS: WINDOWS
Hi Bhushan,

If you want to do some adjustment in your Inventory whose Outbound method is FIFO/LIFO, you need to select the the exact stock point in which you want the adjustment.

For selecting accurate stock point inventory you can zoom the button next to "INVENTORY DATE" in "Easy Adjustment Entry" session.

NISHANT VERMA
Attached Files
File Type: doc Negative_inventory_adjustment.doc (133.0 KB, 51 views)
Sponsored Links
Old 21st December 2007, 11:02

BhushanPatil is on a distinguished road
Baan: ERP BaanIV, ERP BaaN5, Infor ERP LN6.1 FP2/ FP7/ 10.4 - DB: WINDOWS SQL SERVER - OS: WINDOWS 2010
Dear Mr.Frank/ Mr.Navin/ Mr.Hotjen/ Mr.Mandar/ Mr.Nishant,

Thanks for your replies. You have pointed out the real problem in this case.
With the help of your suggestions, I was able to sort out the problem.

1) 1st Method is, in case where the Outbound method is set to FIFO, I selected the exact stock point to do the negative adjustment.
For selecting accurate stock point inventory, the zoom button next to "INVENTORY DATE" in "Easy Adjustment Entry" session is used.

2) 2nd Method is, In session 'Define New Outbound Method' (whwmd3202m000), I changed the outbound method to Location, instead of LIFO set earlier. And now there is no need of going for exact stock point selection and the negative adjustment is happening easily.

Thanks once again, for the help. The case is closed.

=Bhushan Patil
Mumbai, INDIA