Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Distribution, Transportation & Warehousing

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
37%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
39%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
21%
Total votes: 38

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 31st August 2006, 05:27

teddybear is on a distinguished road
Baan: BaaNERP - DB: Oracle 9i - OS: Unix
Confirming PRP Warehouse Order
Baan: Other/Unknown

Dear Experts,

I have question on how the PRP run (tipcs5201m000) generate the PRP warehouse Order (warehouse to project).

This is what I understand.
Instead of generate a PRP purchase order/production order, PRP run will generate a PRP warehouse order for a project that need a item where this item is “available” in warehouse. The word “available” can be on hand or on order. In the later scenario, the user can’t put the warehouse order to “Confirmed” as this is no stock on hand.

Now my question come. Imagine this scenario.
Inventory status on warehouse for item A
On hand = 10pc
On order = 20 pc

Project A,B and C need 10 pc each of item A. After PRP run, BaaN will generate 3 warehouse orders to transfer 10 pc each of item A into project A,B and C respectively.

How can BaaN allow the user to confirm all the 3 PRP warehouse orders as the stock is only enough for one order ? Although I am not sure, I think BaaN is not taken into consideration those confirm PRP warehouse order when determine whether there is enough stock for a PRP warehouse order when the user try to set the ordre to “Confirmed”

Is this consider a bug or intent functionality ?Anyone can advise ?

I am on BaaN4c4 SP15
Old 5th September 2006, 08:38
Guru

sukesh75 is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan 4c - DB: SQL Server 2000 - OS: Windows 2003
Lightbulb Bug...unlikely!

Hi there,
Tried your scenario and got the same result but it may not be a bug. Baan lets you confirm your PRP Warehouse because the requirement is satisfied by the combination of OnHand+OnOrder. However, when its time to transfer these confirmed Warehouse orders to the project, it only transfers whats in the On hand figure in a sequential fashion(lowest PRP warehouse order number first). Confirming doesnt do much in terms of movement of material so there is no reason why Baan wouldnt allow this to happen if the requirement is satisfied by the total of Onhand+OnOrder.

Therefore my verdict would be.."Not a Bug"..
Would like to see if anyone else has another explanation...
We use Baan4c4 with SP 18..

sk
Sponsored Links