This position entails taking the role of a primary Baan administrator for an Enterprise Customer. The primary administrator is ultimately responsible for the administration activities for the customer
* Plan and perform environment refreshes.
* Design and develop monitoring scripts to monitor application.
* Available to provide 24X7 system support
* Evaluate and implement application of tools patches to the Baan application.
* Provide inputs to the functional/development team towards the feasibility of applying patches to the Baan application based on existing customizations.
* Co-ordinate administration activities involving application downtime.
* Leads/reviews all Internal Project Definition related activities.
* Identify tasks, which require automation and automate them.
* Identify problems/issues within the system and look for long term solutions.
* Build new Baan environments.
* copy existing environments for testing by the functional team.
* May perform lead responsibilities (role)
* Lead projects including planning and execution.
* Assures timely resolution to user issues.
* Provide Pre-Sales, Sales, and Marketing technical support as requested.
* Develops and maintains strong working relationships across departments.
* Participates in customer team meetings.
* Troubleshoot general database issues as they relate to Baan.
* Strong inter-personal and communication skills; capable of writing standard operating procedures, training users in complex topics, making presentations to an internal audience, and interacting positively with upper management. Independent problem solving; self-direction.
* Must possess the ability to work in a highly diverse and integrated hardware/software environment.
* Ability to solve problems quickly and completely.
* Capable of representing OneNeck at a customer site.
* Solid understanding of Baan architectures and technologies
* Solid understanding of Unix and NT as it pertains to Baan administration.
* Basic understanding of RDBMS*s supported by Baan to assist in troubleshooting database related issues.
* Knowledge of using Baan SQL to be able to write simple queries for monitoring tools.
* Solid understanding of troubleshooting procedures
* Solid understanding of priority and escalation procedures.
* Solid understanding of performance tuning measures including determining if a database index is needed by an application.
* Ability to debug and troubleshoot most errors.
* General understanding of often repeated functional activities like Baan Archiving and copy company procedures etc.
* Ability to multi-task
EDUCATION: 4 year degree in MIS/CS.
YEARS OF RELATED EXPERIENCE: Minimum 5 years experience in Baan administration
If you are interested in this position please e-mail your resume with cover letter to email@example.com
Please refer to this site in your cover letter.
OneNeck IT Services, Corp.
5301 N. Pima Rd Suite 100
Scottsdale, AZ 85250