Baan OLE automation problem when calling from a service
I am using Baan OLEAutomation object (on a W2k server) to call some baan methods remotely. BaanERP server is on NT4.0 Server. The methods are being called from my Win32 Service. Everything was going well since months, but all of a sudden, bw.exe is no more communicating with BaanERP server. There is no new updates installed on the servers (on both W2k and NT4) since when the operation was successful.
Here is what I have observed.
1. When the service calls a Baan method through OLE, a bw.exe process is launched in background. (I have already saved baan username/password in default Baan profile so it doesnot ask for creditntials). The bw.exe remains in memory with zero activity, and does not even return any error.
2. If I execute the same service in console mode (i.e. without being installed as a service, but in a user application mode), the bw.exe is launched, the Baan method is executed successfully, and then bw.exe terminates.
3. I tried to monitor low level network traffic for case 1, and I found that bw.exe does not initiates any connection to the BaanERP server, while for case 2 I was able to see a connection to the BaanERP server.
I can connect to BaanERP successfully using bw.exe as a normal user and browse differnt sessions. Therefore, it doen not seem to be a problem on the BaanERP server side, but something on baan client side.
I need to make the Baan call from the service as it was working before. This problem has started all of a sudden without any apparent change in system configuration.
I will be thankful if anyone can suggest some tips or one's observations to debug/resolve this kind problem.
Thank you very much.