Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Finance, Invoicing and Integration

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
37%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
39%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
21%
Total votes: 38

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 1st September 2005, 12:19

chudamani is on a distinguished road
Baan: IVb4 - DB: Informix - OS: Unix
Shutting down one financial company

Let me explain the set-up and then the problem. Ours ia single logistic multi financial set-up. During the initial implementation, we had only one finance company. Later another brand was bought by us which lead to creation of the 2nd finance company (with the same group company). Both the finance companies were using the same logistic company.

Now while doing finance transactions, the user will log into company A and do the transactions for A and after finishing will log into company B and perform the transactions of company B. This way it was getting more and more tedious for the users.
Distribution transactions are also done like-wise even though integration takes care of posting those financial transactions into the correct companies. The users also have two user-ids one for company A and another for company B.

Now we have decided to stop company B operations and continue with only company A. But the items, sales , purchase, etc.. of company B will also be done in company A. We want company B to have a natural death in due course and no fresh transactiosn from the cut-off. Only the pending AR / AP / Cash entries should be done after the cut-off.

Has anybody done or attempted such a project ? If so, pls provide some uidelines on how to start with this project and what are the steps and precautions to be taken to accomplish the same.

I would be looking forward to some vaulable inputs from you all.

Thanks and Regards
Sponsored Links