Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Distribution, Transportation & Warehousing

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
35%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
42%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
19%
Total votes: 31

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 19th July 2005, 20:28

lordofe is on a distinguished road
Baan: IV - DB: Oracle - OS: WIN XP
Red face ?WIP: Using WIP Warehouses and issuing material

I have set up my WIP warehouse with the correct Parameters, Warehouse, and Work Center settings.

UNDER CUSTOMIZED ITEMS / BOMS / ROUTINGS
I have created a customized BOM and linked each material to a specific operation / task in the routing.

NOW...
How do I get my materials to transfer to the WIP Warehouse upon completion of the operation / task. (I assume that this is how it works). I need this to occur so that we can track materials through the shop. IN lieu of this, we are breaking off production orders to create an item and maintain location control, but this gets ridiculous. Can't we maintain control of the materials through the stage of the routing which is complete?

For instance, I have a board that is machined and then fasteners assembled in a finish Work Center. I would like the board materials to show up in the Machine WIP warehouse as machine operations are completed THEN the board materials AND the Fasteners should show up in the Finish WIP warehouse as finish operations are complete. In lieu of this, we are breaking off production orders at machining to create the item which we can transfer to finishing. This is cumbersome.

Does the answer have anything to do with modules DRP, RPL Orders, INV control? (We currently don't use them.) I have read in Baan help that you cannot use WIP warehouses unless you register every physical transfer. How do you register transfers? through what module? Shouldn't the transfers complete automatically upon completion of tasks / operations and their associated WIP Warehouse? We currently complete "inter production order" transfers through warehouse orders. How are "inter operation" transfers registered?

any help is appreciated.
Old 20th July 2005, 18:14

naabi0 is on a distinguished road
Only the allocations transfer to the wip warehouse if all is set up correctly.
DRP can then be used to generate Planned Replenishment Orders which can be transfer to the RPL module and then used to move material from a replenishment warehouse to a destination warehouse.
Old 20th July 2005, 20:12

I'm not sure what this means.

How is an inventory allocation different than an inventory transfer?
If I ordered the appropriate amount of material then why would I need a replenishment order?
Old 20th July 2005, 21:16

naabi0 is on a distinguished road
Part of the shop order release procedure will shift allocations from a BOM warehouse to a warehouse linked to a workcenter (wip warehouse). When I said transfer allocations, I meant the allocations would go down in the BOM warehouse and up in the warehouse linked to the workcenter when the Shop Order is released. You don't have to set it up that way. You can just put the same warehouse in the BOM that you would link to the workcenter and when the shop order is created the allocations are created.
Sponsored Links
Old 21st July 2005, 14:25

allocations?

How can I view allocations in the bom / wip warehouses? What purpose do allocations serve?

Will the actual inventory of bom components be transferred as linked operations are completed?