Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Development

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
35%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
42%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
19%
Total votes: 31

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 19th May 2005, 20:04

ltannous is on a distinguished road
Baan: 4c4 - DB: Oracle - OS: UNIX
Start a customized session from a standard session

I have created a print/update session that is activated from a main session. In the main session I dont have source code so I added my customized session to start by adding it to the choice field in my main session form.

How can I get my session to continue once the main session is completed.
Currently it completes the main session activity, then my session appears for the user to select continue. I want to bypass the contiue option and just have it activate.
Old 20th May 2005, 00:13
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
I did something like this once. Not sure if it will work for you:
Code:
form.1:
init.form:
  if background then
     execute(cont.process)
  endif

In my case I knew when I zoomed to(or activated) the session I would be executing the code based on some import parameters.

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Shared Solutions for Baan systems provided free by Baan Board.
Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.

Last edited by mark_h : 20th May 2005 at 13:42.
Old 20th May 2005, 13:44
Guru

Not sure if I was real clear. This code would go into your custom session. I think(but am not positive) that background will be true when your session is activated. At that point this session would then execute the continue process.

GO Cards!
My latest mantra - make sure you have latest stpapi patches and the latest session object. If on LN then please explore the option of using DAL2 functionality.

Play the Google game and help Baanboard get better rankings. Do your part. Click here to find how.
Old 20th May 2005, 16:09

Thanks, that worked.

That worked.
Is there a way not to have my form display?
I tried to remove my form, but I get an error that the form is missing.

I actually want to remove the form and report and just use the program to update a table.
Old 20th May 2005, 19:07
Guru

NPRao will become famous soon enough
Baan: iBaanERP-5.2a(Reger),SSA-ERP-LN-6.1,Infor LN-10.x - DB: Oracle-10g,11g,12c,MS-SQL - OS: HP-UX, Linux, Windows
You can make a session with 3-GL attached to it and use activate() or other functions to start the standard session and then do your processing.
Old 20th May 2005, 19:13
Guru

As NPR says you could make it a 3GL. My users like to know what is going on with processing. I have always left the form visible(with processing messages). That gives them a warm fuzzy feeling.

GO Cards!

Old 20th May 2005, 19:17
Guru

NPRao will become famous soon enough
Baan: iBaanERP-5.2a(Reger),SSA-ERP-LN-6.1,Infor LN-10.x - DB: Oracle-10g,11g,12c,MS-SQL - OS: HP-UX, Linux, Windows
As Mark said, you can use display fields on form to show what's happening or use progress indicators (search for the other threads on board for your BaaN Version).
Old 20th May 2005, 20:39
Guru

lbencic will become famous soon enough
Baan: 2.2d - LN - DB: most - OS: most
They may not want to make it 3gl - they may want to use the same session / logic that they use as an interactive session.

One thing we use in our ddc code is the variable sattr.slave:

Code:
if background then
    sattr.slave = true
    execute(cont.process)
endif

and this seems to make the form not appear. You can try that, I think it's standard (or we wrote something buried that I am not aware of...) Let us know if that works.
Old 20th May 2005, 20:43
Guru

lbencic will become famous soon enough
Baan: 2.2d - LN - DB: most - OS: most
Actually, sattr.slave should go in the before program, not the init.form section.
Old 20th May 2005, 21:18
Guru

None of the help on our systems has that predefined variable. I did compile a program just see if it worked on our release of 4c4 and it did. Learned something new today - thanks Lisa. I can go home and feel like I was successful(for at least one day).

GO Cards!

Sponsored Links
Old 24th May 2005, 17:37
Guru

Hitesh Shah is on a distinguished road
Baan: triton,Baan IVc4 , ERP Ln - DB: Oracle/Bisam/SQL 2000/SQL 2005 - OS: Sun Solaris/Windows 2003
no form

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltannous
That worked.
Is there a way not to have my form display?
I tried to remove my form, but I get an error that the form is missing.

I actually want to remove the form and report and just use the program to update a table.
Besides 3GL program , u can also write the code to update a table in the before.program of ur 4GL session and exit the sesison (end() / stop() .. ) in before.program section after table is updated . In this way the form will not be displayed to the user even in 4gl program.
Old 25th May 2005, 22:13

Thanks for all the input

I went with a few of the options. I took the sugesstion to run the progess bar on the form for the users "comfort".

I have another issues now. When I set my customized session to run from the main session using the choice option in the main session form, once my session has completed its task, if I click with my mouse anywhere on the main sesison form, my session gets activated again. How can I prevent this from happening.

Is there any way to exit the main session when my session has completed its task? without source code?
Old 26th May 2005, 05:24

LittleJohn is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan4c2, Baan Vc - DB: SQL 2000, 7.0 - OS: Win 2003, Win2K Adv Server
dirty...

dirty way... but you can. Import the "pid" value of the parent session in your customized session and once the process is completed... kill the parent and then kill your session.
Parent session wont exit "gracefully"...... but you can display a message to the user that the process is terminating.

Regards
LittleJohn
Old 26th May 2005, 09:16

kathuria is on a distinguished road
Baan: BaaN IV, BaaN V, SSA ERP LN6.1(BaaN VI) - DB: SQL , Oracle - OS: UNIX, WIndow Server 2000/2003
Not working

Hi,

I have added one customize session in choice of main session. I want to activate customization session when exit from main session. I don't have code of main session. I have used procedure which is explained but not working.

Regards
Sanjay
Old 26th May 2005, 14:04

Enter your customized session in the choice field

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathuria
Hi,

I have added one customize session in choice of main session. I want to activate customization session when exit from main session. I don't have code of main session. I have used procedure which is explained but not working.

Regards
Sanjay
Add your customized session number in the choice option of the main session form. Make sure you dump the form.