Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Development

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
37%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
39%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
21%
Total votes: 38

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 4th February 2005, 23:07

renzosing is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan V - DB: Oracle - OS: 2000
Calling a session within a session

I have created a new session that imports the parent item from the( Where Used BOM Components, which is a standard baan session). I have the new session linked as a form command to the standard session. The new session checks to see if there are any parent items of the imported item (Zoom Up) and displays the data. Once my new session comes up, I would like to Zoom Up again. I'm have tried linking this session again as a form command and it works, but a new session comes up every time I Zoom Up. I only want to have the new session come up once and update/refresh itself whenever an item is selected to Zoom Up. Can anyone help?
Sponsored Links
Old 4th February 2005, 23:20
Guru

NPRao will become famous soon enough
Baan: iBaanERP-5.2a(Reger),SSA-ERP-LN-6.1,Infor LN-10.x - DB: Oracle-10g,11g,12c,MS-SQL - OS: HP-UX, Linux, Windows
Refer to the link -

MODAL_OVERVIEW in start.session() for Baan V
Old 7th February 2005, 17:20

renzosing is on a distinguished road
Baan: Baan V - DB: Oracle - OS: 2000
I've played around with some things mentioned in the posts, but 'im still not getting anyway. Are there anymore suggestions?
Old 7th February 2005, 20:43

toolswizard is on a distinguished road
Baan: 4c4, 50b, 50c, ERP ln - DB: Informix, Oracle, Sql - OS: Unix, NT, AIX
It sounds like you are trying to synchronize your sessions. There are two possible solutions to your situation.

First, remember when you zoom, the session that you are starting Imports the data to be looked up. This can happen automatically (see automatic import in the programmers reference guide), or it can be done by using the import command. Doing it this way, once you have the second session running, go back to the first and select new data. Without hitting the zoom function or button, go back to the zoomed to session. There you would need to trigger the import again with a command, maybe a user function to refresh. Or when the form or session is current. A refresh button would be the easist to try out. In this function, reimport the data refresh the form.

The second approach would be to start a session similar to Sales Order Lines, where the top of the screen is 1 session, and the bottom half is another. (baan iv) When the bottom session starts, it starts the top session that never really leaves begin program. It loops accepting messages from the bottom half to display data, and then returns control to the bottom half. The bottom half is responsible for handling all the user input. The top half never has that opportunity. You would not be able to perform any functions in the top half, it is a slave to the bottom.

Depending on your needs, one of these solutions should work.