Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Finance, Invoicing and Integration

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
35%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
42%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
19%
Total votes: 31

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 22nd October 2004, 06:07

Scott2001 is on a distinguished road
Close Year Provisional - Opening Balances in P&L Accounts

Close Year Provisional (tfgld6201m000) should calculate & post opening balances for Balance Sheet accounts in the new year.

After client ran Close Year Provisional, Trial Balance Report in the new year has opening balances in P&L accounts equal to of the ending balance of the accounts in the old year.

I took a quick look and confirmed that the gld history tables for the new year now have opening balances in all accounts, including P&L. The opening balance of P&L accounts is their ending balance from the old year. I only spot checked but balance sheet accounts appear to have correct provisional opening balances. Opening balance of the retained earning account has been updated correctly (equals unclosed ending balance of prior year plus net P&L).

This is an old system (Triton 3) and may not have all patches that had been available. But it hasn't been "updated" recently and to the best of the client's knowledge, provisional close never had this result before.

I'll dial in this weekend and look in greater detail, but I wonder if anyone has encountered this before.

Fiscal year has 12 periods (no correction period), fiscal year runs July to June.

Ideas? Suggestions? Anyone else remember Triton 3?

Scott
Old 28th October 2004, 13:54

pfsilva is on a distinguished road
Baan: BaanIVc4 -
Opening Balances in P&L Accounts

Hi,
Are u sure that a user has not changed the P&L account type into Balance Sheet in table tfgld008 before running Close Year Provisional?
To correct this you have to delete all records for the new year in tfgld203 and tfgld204 and run Cloese Year Provisional again.
Regards,
Pedro
Old 30th October 2004, 05:34

Scott2001 is on a distinguished road
Pedro,

Thanks. I wish it was that simple. It appears to have effected all P&L accounts that had an ending balance in the prior year -- and all of these are in fact still categorized as P&L accounts.

Scott
Sponsored Links