Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Tools Development

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
35%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
42%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
19%
Total votes: 31

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 22nd September 2004, 12:51
Guru

avpatil is on a distinguished road
Baan: IVc3 - DB: SQL2000 - OS: Win 2003
Launching a BW client

Hi,
Is there a way to launch a BW client within Baan say on server. I guess I can shell out and have batch file to execute the BWC. But I think launching takes time and other overheads.I am also looking if it is possible to execute a process under a different BWC client. The BW will be always be running say on server. So one of the client I would like to start a process on the BW client. The reason for my requirement is:

I am trying Wiselink product from Fullscope. They have an alternative to AFS, and it would enable to run a Baan session logic. The drawback is that I need to have BW client with specific settings to make it work. This means I will need to change BW client all over the company. So I am looking into option of executing the client from a existing process.

This product runs on IVc3 and the concept is very good. Anyone in the forum has tried this?
Arvind
Old 22nd September 2004, 15:57
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
Have not worked with it, but would be interested in your opinions. I just received an email from my boss on Monday about something like this. It did not tell me what the name of it was so I am assuming this "session automator" is wiselink.

Mark
Sponsored Links
Old 22nd September 2004, 16:08
Guru

Session Automation

Mark,
I am currently working on protoype for "Maintain Receipt". I saw the working demo of it. I think it is not difficult to do, once it is knon how to do? It also requires to know how session behaves.

Arvind
Old 22nd September 2004, 19:14
Guru

mark_h will become famous soon enough
Baan: Baan 4C4 A&D1 - DB: Oracle - OS: Sun Solaris
Fullscope

Below is part of an email from Fullscope - I wonder what makes this session automator any different from using stpapi commands. Considering how many of AFS sessions I have this may not be an option. I will see what replies I get back.

Thanks

Mark

Quote:
1. The Session Automator application allows you to run Baan Sessions (standard, customized or even new ones) filling in the fields and pushing the buttons, but not change any of the session functionality. You can tell the automator how to deal with certain messages, questions,sessions and others etc etc...by writing a minimal amount of code.
Old 22nd September 2004, 20:45
Guru

lbencic will become famous soon enough
Baan: 2.2d - LN - DB: most - OS: most
I'll stick in my 2 cents - I can't speak for Fullscope but our product RMCgen does the session automation too. What makes them different from AFS's is that they use the old session control commands that were available since Triton, before the AFS commands were put in. So you can use the session automators (same basic concept as the wrapper programs) on Baan versions that do not have the AFS.

They should be interchangable, if your AFS's run I bet you will be able to substitute them wherever Fullscope puts their 'session automation' code. You may have to add / tweak the messaging to match what they do, but it should run.

Can't really speak for them tho, who knows, I don't know anything about the custom bw client settings or the rest of the Wiselink product.
Old 23rd September 2004, 01:57
Guru

Session Automation

Hi,
This discussion turned up into session automation. I think there is a fundamental differnce between AFS and other wrapper program and session automation. It is very much different than Qkey product. While I do have a way to execute session logic for type 4 sessions without using AFS, or any other wrapper program, just standard Baan session, I found it difficult for maintain sessions. I have not used AFS as I am on IVc3. But I like the concept of session automation. Session automation listens the traffic between Baan client and server and exceute appropriate action.

Arvind
Old 23rd September 2004, 07:50

maxime is on a distinguished road
Hi,

Please try using app_start( string commandline...)

Am not sure if it works..

Maxime