Baanboard.com

Go Back   Baanboard.com > Forum > Baan Quick Support: Functional & Technical > Project & Services

User login

Frontpage Sponsor

Main

Poll
For ERP LN feature pack upgrade, what method of install are you using?
Installation Wizard into existing VRC
35%
Installation Wizard into new VRC
42%
Manual into existing VRC
3%
Manual into new VRC
19%
Total votes: 31

Baanboard at LinkedIn

Reference Content

Old 5th July 2004, 11:40

riazsayeed is on a distinguished road
Baan: Ivc4, Vc, LN 6.1 - DB: Oracle, SQL Server - OS: NT, Win 2000, AIX
Deleting Lines In Service Order after making PO

Hi folks,

Baan IVc4
----------

I made a Service Order, put some materials in 'Maintain Service Order Cost Estimate', then selected 'Transfer to Planned Inv Purchase Orders', Confirmed the Planned Inv Purchase Order and transferred to an Actual Purchase Order'. I then set the status of the Service Order to 'In progress'. By this time my Service Department says that the materials which were entered for the Service Order are not needed for this Service Order as they completed the Order without the materials. A few minor items were needed and these were issued.

I now want to cost my service order and for this I need to delete the materials from the 'Actual Service Order Costs and Revenues' session. But the system does not allow me to delete and gives the message 'Purchase order already raised'.

I am really wondering as to how this is happening. There might always be cases when a part could be ordered and later on might not be used in a service order. Such being the case what does one do? Is this a standard functionality? I am really wondering if it is so.

Please help me folks.

Thanks a heap in advance.
Old 5th July 2004, 19:31
Guru

EdwinvdBorg is on a distinguished road
Baan: 2.2, 3.1, b40, b50, b51, ERP LN FP3, ERP LN FP7, ERP LN 10.2.1 - DB: ALL - OS: ALL
Unhappy

Hi Riazsayeed,

Unfortunately this is standard functionality in BAAN IV Service.
You have two options basically:

- Create material lines after the service order has been executed so then you know exactly how much was spent on materials
- Follow the procedure as described by you and also make sure the deletion is done at the PO line level.

I would go for the second option eventhough it will mean more work in the system.

Regards,

Edwin
Old 6th July 2004, 06:14

riazsayeed is on a distinguished road
Baan: Ivc4, Vc, LN 6.1 - DB: Oracle, SQL Server - OS: NT, Win 2000, AIX
Thanks Edwin

Thanks Edwin,

I guess we have to put up with what is available. Your options seem reasonable and probably the best way of approach.
Sponsored Links